Hello,

Please can someone help me with a problem with my Galaxy S5 Neo camera as it is driving me mad?
    I have a problem whilst videoing, where the camera does not stay in focus. It will focus for a few seconds but then just gives up and goes blurry. It does this on most videos I take.
    It then constantly tries to focus again, and the noise of the camera focusing is quite loud when you play back the video (all you can hear is vrrrr noises!)
    I have uploaded a video I just took as an example here:
    https://vid.me/mJDX

Does anyone know what could be causing this?
    I have already tried clearing the cache for the camera app, and I don't have the plastic on the lens. Removing the case I have also makes no difference

Thank you!
    03-27-2016 12:06 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does this also happen when taking photos? If so, then I would suspect something wrong with the camera module's autofocus mechanism.
    03-27-2016 04:44 PM
    Hello thank you for your reply!
    It is OK with photos. I have to tap on the screen to focus it when I point it at something - it seems to stay in focus as long as I don't move it and then I have to tap to focus again?
    03-27-2016 04:49 PM
    Does the video camera have any image stabilization setting? If so, play around with that--turn it off if it's on, or vice versa.
    03-27-2016 09:51 PM
    Hi, I have just acquired the same phone and just found the same problem. Fine with stills (which I mostly use) but just tried to video something and after the first 5 seconds or so it just goes out of focus. I was constantly tapping the screen to bring the focus back but straight away it went out of focus again. Did you have any luck with this?
    09-18-2016 01:22 PM
    Hi, I have just acquired the same phone and just found the same problem. Fine with stills (which I mostly use) but just tried to video something and after the first 5 seconds or so it just goes out of focus. I was constantly tapping the screen to bring the focus back but straight away it went out of focus again. Did you have any luck with this?
    Hello. It is strange you should write this as I finally took it back to the shop yesterday as I also have a problem with WiFi now (will not stay connected).
    They said it is a hardware issue and to contact Samsung to arrange repair. I did this yesterday by email and they said today I can either take it to a certain store for repair or they will arrange a courier to come pick it up for an engineer to take a look
    09-18-2016 02:07 PM
    Hi, got the same problem, strange not from the beginning, but the issue came out after few months after the s5neo purchase. It's a so bad thing. Any solution found meanwhile?
    01-23-2017 04:22 PM
    Same here! I bought mine about year ago and the problen is from beginning. Is there any solution?
    03-19-2017 04:57 AM
    I'm having this same problem with my neo. It's driving me crazy! In the stores they don't know and want to send it to get it fixed. But it could cost me a lot of money, so I'm not keen on sending it.
    Does anybody have a solution yet?
    I deleted the cache from fabric setup and also did a save modus with my phone, it didn't make a difference.
    04-09-2017 04:42 PM
    Does the video camera have any image stabilization setting? If so, play around with that--turn it off if it's on, or vice versa.
    Do you have any other suggestions?
    04-09-2017 04:44 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Refer to post #6 -- wat143 contacted Samsung, who said it's a hardware problem. Unfortunately, your phone is presumably out of warranty, so any repair of the camera module would likely be out of pocket.
    04-10-2017 12:43 PM