Cannot connect to server

fordguy1

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Hi I just brought a Galaxy S5 Phone and I downloaded Samsung smart switch app and transferred everything from my old S3 to my new phone. Everything went well but when I tried to open my email It said I had to set up my account. So I put in my email address and password like it asked and clicked on Manuel set up and everything is fine and when I click next it checks incoming server and out going server and then says " cannot safely connect to server " ? Anyone else had this problem or can shed any light on possible problem. Many Thanks Robert

markbc

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I have had that problem -but only recently --say in the past month or so...

I have an S6 Active and use the Gear S watch. Before that had an S4. Set up Samsung account on each with no problem. I bought many apps for the watch before and recently (up until the past month or so) using Samsung apps site and paid via Samsung. However now, I get the "can't reach server error as well.

I also discovered that I can't delete my samsung account (needs to take the password and that gets the can't reach server line again!) nor can I log in!

I still can access and download all prior purchases but not make new ones.

I used the contact link in the Samsung Galaxy apps and they sent me this reply. (told me to contact a different office for this issue)

"Dear Customer,
Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you. From your inquiry, we understand that you receive the error message "Network error" when you try to sign in with your Samsung account in order to buy applications from Gear Manager. Please note that you contacted Samsung Content and Services. Here we can assist you if you encounter any issues related to Samsung Account, Samsung Galaxy Apps, Find My Mobile, etc.

For your inquiry, please contact our colleagues from Samsung Electronics.or your inquiry, please contact our colleagues from Samsung Electronics. Go to http : // www. samsung. com/ [I added the spaces] and find the "Contact Us" category on the page, where you can choose the desired way to contact Samsung Products Customer Support Team.

Yeah, I think it is an account issue, but they don't want to do any work on it to help me. ;-(
(Samsung service is not as good as their products.)

;-(

So that's everything I know! Sorry can't help more!

Mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge