Had to do a factory reset on Sunday. Still not exactly sure what the problem was, but that was the only way to get the phone to restart normally again.
    Now all the albums I created in Gallery are gone, and the photos that were in them seem to have disappeared as well. (I have most backed up to Google Photos, but that doesn't preserve the albums I made in Gallery.)
    All my photos should have been set up to save to the sd card. No way to check that now, of course.
    Please advise.
    03-29-2016 09:33 PM
    Had to do a factory reset on Sunday. Still not exactly sure what the problem was, but that was the only way to get the phone to restart normally again.
    Now all the albums I created in Gallery are gone, and the photos that were in them seem to have disappeared as well. (I have most backed up to Google Photos, but that doesn't preserve the albums I made in Gallery.)
    All my photos should have been set up to save to the sd card. No way to check that now, of course.
    Please advise.
    Hi, performing a factory reset will wipe the phone, all content - including images / videos. By the sounds of it, the images weren't stored on the SD card and were in fact stored on the phone.

Can't you not just check the SD card to see if the images are there?
    03-30-2016 04:07 AM
    Some phones also have the option to wipe the SD card during a factory reset. You might have to suffer those lost photos, recreate your gallery folders, and retrieve whats left in Google back up.
    the tall guy likes this.
    03-30-2016 04:23 AM