Brand Identity?

MarkS5

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Is it just me or do (the major) manufacturers seem to all be trending in the same direction? Like, fancy cameras, faster processors, and metal or glass frames are all the rage.

I mean, a few years ago I bought a Galaxy S5 because it had all these features that were important to me. H2O proof, I.R. Blaster, replaceable battery and storage, etc. But then they took away the features that mattered to me as a consumer and its forcing me to look elsewhere. I have Samsung TVs and phones and like the brand in general. I like the physical buttons on thr phones and even the "backwards" layout of the buttons. I buy into Samsung. I want to stay with Samsung. But they're not making it easy.

LG had the buttons on the back, HTC had the BoomSound (or whatever they're called) speakers, Motorola let you customize their phones, etc. It was easy to say "okay, these features are important to me so I'm going with this brand".

But now it's like everyone is trending toward metal or glass phones. Snapdragon 820. No removable battery or expandable storage. I.R. Blasters make my life easier but they're becoming the exception. I don't care about wireless charging. I'd like to have a nicer camera but I don't take a ton of pics so it's not that important to me. Having the fastest processor is great but only if it enhances the user experience.

It seems in the name of fashion, phone manufacturers aren't improving the things that made consumers like me buy into their brand in the first place. Why cant i just get a better, faster S5? Why do I have to seriously consider another brand to get those features that brought me to Samsung in the first place? I'm sure I'm in the minority as a relatively casual user, but with all the choices out there it would be nice to see a manufacturer find what works and improve upon it. Like Apple but with an Android OS.

Am I the only one?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay