Samsung Galaxy S5 random restarts HELP!

A

AC Question

Hi My cell phone while just sitting on my desk or anywhere.... just restarts. Like there is a mystery person there turning it on / off!

Spoke to Samsung they were useless. The fact that I've been told that now that it is 3 moths out of warranty doesn't help, the fact that I have a service ticket from a month prior to the warranty period expired also didn't help. The fact that I spoke to level 1 support in the Philippines and then level 2 Dominican republic didn't help either!

So here I am, is there ANYTHING other than throwing this phone into the garbage I can do that will resolve this?

Also, at some of the restarts the picture saying about Tap the cover to ensure tightness. This comes on with or without the Samsung Flip case. It also at times has a colored snowy screen at restart.

Look forward to your comments and help.

Will it help if I brick the phone, the current OS is 5.1.1

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If it's telling you to make sure the back cover is secure (and it is), then I'd be concerned about some hardware problem--has the phone been dropped, or has there been any water exposure?

General things you can do now include wiping the cache partition (which won't erase any personal data): http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10404; and also booting into Safe Mode to see if the problem persists, which would suggest an issue with hardware or firmware (steps for Safe Mode are in that same article).

nutech12

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Thx B.D for your reply... I've tried both of the above, even ran the phone without the overpriced samsung (flip style) case on it. Factory reset x 3.

All the same. The phone is looked after real nice by my wife and hasn't been dropped and zero as far water damage.

Do u think it might help if I try to Brick the phone?

inner_vision

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Thx B.D for your reply... I've tried both of the above, even ran the phone without the overpriced samsung (flip style) case on it. Factory reset x 3.

All the same. The phone is looked after real nice by my wife and hasn't been dropped and zero as far water damage.

Do u think it might help if I try to Brick the phone?

What do you mean by brick the phone? Failing all that, it might be worth re-flashing the firmware, not just factory reset, but re-installing it completely

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Maybe dead/bad battery? If you haven't try to replace your battery, try replacing it with a new battery.

Posted with ❤LOVE❤

nutech12

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I meant to root the phone ... I guess you can really see who is the cell phone tech here..! :)

If flashing the phone isn't so difficult to do, then I don;t mind giving it a shot.

Edit:
It seems complicated after reading the article. either that or I'm just nervous about really messing up the phone.

Is there an easier set of instructions? You like how they have the book series Windows etc for Dummies,,then the other series of books windows for Idiots.... (thats me! lol) Not an *****, just a person that would appreciate a more 'explained version' rather than the 'Tech savvy' guy that'll read it and actually figure out how to do!

Thanks

Last edited:

inner_vision

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I meant to root the phone ... I guess you can really see who is the cell phone tech here..! :)

If flashing the phone isn't so difficult to do, then I don;t mind giving it a shot.

Edit:
It seems complicated after reading the article. either that or I'm just nervous about really messing up the phone.

Is there an easier set of instructions? You like how they have the book series Windows etc for Dummies,,then the other series of books windows for Idiots.... (thats me! lol) Not an *****, just a person that would appreciate a more 'explained version' rather than the 'Tech savvy' guy that'll read it and actually figure out how to do!

Thanks

This is a super late reply, and I hope it's fixed now, but the super simple version is this,
Download Firmware
Download Odin
Extract Firmware
Open Odin
Turn Phone Off
Turn Phone on, pressing 'Home+Down Volume' (this should be 'download mode')
Press Volume Up
Plug Phone into PC
Press AP
Load Extracted Firmware
Press Start.
Wait...
Done

nutech12

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I haven't flashed the phone, yes the phone still has the same problem. this weekend I'll give it a try to see if it works, that is without my screwing something up!

I want to just buy a new phone, easy enough said. But then the usual 'cycle' is to sell ones older phone to help offset the cost of the new phone. The way my phone is behaving, I'd be lucky to get $50 for it!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12