After I run Clean Master I do show that only 30% of storage is used, however I am concerned that it shows that between 60 - 70 of RAM is being used. Why so much and should I be concerned about it?

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-05-2016 05:32 PM
    Android works differently than Windows and other platforms. It actually tries to fill up the RAM as much as it can and only free up RAM when needed. This is why you clear it but see it piled right back up. It actually causes more battery drain and such to keep clearing RAM since the processor will keep working to refill it.

One strong point on Android is actually its RAM management. You can pretty much forget about it and it will handle it as needed. It is still okay to clear your "recent apps" if you want but I wouldn't clear the RAM. I clear my "recent apps" screen just because I don't want to have 50 things in there and have to scroll through to find what I want haha .
    systemofadown1 likes this.
    04-05-2016 05:36 PM
    Android works differently than Windows and other platforms. It actually tries to fill up the RAM as much as it can and only free up RAM when needed. This is why you clear it but see it piled right back up. It actually causes more battery drain and such to keep clearing RAM since the processor will keep working to refill it.

One strong point on Android is actually its RAM management. You can pretty much forget about it and it will handle it as needed. It is still okay to clear your "recent apps" if you want but I wouldn't clear the RAM. I clear my "recent apps" screen just because I don't want to have 50 things in there and have to scroll through to find what I want haha .
    Thank you
    I now feel better about it ☺

Almeuit likes this.
    04-05-2016 05:38 PM
    Thank you
    I now feel better about it ☺

No problem! . If you want to read an article about see the one below. Mind you it is old (for sure) but a lot of points still stand today. It was written by Jerry.

RAM: What it is, how it's used, and why you shouldn't care | Android Central
    systemofadown1 likes this.
    04-05-2016 05:40 PM
    "Unused RAM is wasted RAM"

As Almeuit mentions, Android handles things differently to Windows and Clean Master will be causing more battery drain for you. I would strongly recommend uninstalling it completely and let your phone go about its business.
    systemofadown1 and jljecj like this.
    04-05-2016 05:42 PM
    No problem! . If you want to read an article about see the one below. Mind you it is old (for sure) but a lot of points still stand today. It was written by Jerry.

RAM: What it is, how it's used, and why you shouldn't care | Android Central
    I just read the article, it is very interesting. I know it is old, however I did notice that it doesn't address the issue of having apps being in RAM and drawing down the battery. I use the Clean Master hibernate feature to kill them and extend battery up time.

If I'm wrong in using it please correct me.

04-10-2016 10:50 PM