Hey guys, quick question.
    Last night I decided to factory reset my Galaxy S5.
    I powered the device down & removed my micro SD card first. I then proceeded to do the factory data reset. I then powered the device off, inserted my micro SD card - powered the phone back on and now I only have pics taken by this phone on the SD card... all the pics & doc's I saved that were sent to me have disappeared. Yes lots of naked women . I Kidd

Any idea what happened? Were they being saved to internal memory instead of external?
    I had just assumed (I know you never do that) since my photos were set to be saved to the SD card that any attachments sent to me that I saved would also be placed there...

Ironass, before you even say it .... I know, backup Backup backup!!! lesson learned the hard way
    04-06-2016 05:02 PM
    Generally, only pictures that are taken on the phone itself are saved to the SD card automatically.

When you download documents or pictures or other things from your browser or save them from email, they are saved to the internal storage and not the SD card. There are setting in some apps to save directly to the SD card.
    systemofadown1 and B. Diddy like this.
    04-06-2016 05:20 PM
    Thank You NexusGirlX
    I'll Backup everything from now on & always check to make sure anything I save is being sent directly to my SD card if possible.

That's what I get for rushing in & not triple checking first....
    Hopefully this helps someone else out in the future
    04-06-2016 05:27 PM
    There are also some phones that have a system setting allowing you to select a universal download location for all apps, but this is pretty uncommon (and I don't believe it's present on the S5).
    systemofadown1 likes this.
    04-06-2016 05:28 PM
    Thank You NexusGirlX
    I'll Backup everything from now on & always check to make sure anything I save is being sent directly to my SD card if possible.

That's what I get for rushing in & not triple checking first....
    Hopefully this helps someone else out in the future
    In the future you can always use a file manager app to move things to the SD card before you do a restore. I've done that a few times myself. Taking a few extra minutes to do that is better then lsoing something you really needed.
    systemofadown1 likes this.
    04-06-2016 05:40 PM
    Thanks much guy's.
    I felt almost sick when I realized I'd lost so many gigabytes of images from a wedding & documents I will never be able to recover...
    Thanks to your help and suggestions it will never happen to me again
    NexusGirlX likes this.
    04-06-2016 05:53 PM
    In the future, to prevent mishaps like this, I would strongly suggest taking advantage of Google Photos Auto Backup: https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6193313?hl=en. You may also want to consider keeping important documents in Google Drive, so that they're safe in the cloud.
    NexusGirlX and systemofadown1 like this.
    04-06-2016 10:59 PM