Recent Apps Button Glitching

Queen Of Blades

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
When i press the recents apps button (left of home button, i believe thats what its called) recent apps pop up for like half a second and then suddenly back to home screen.

It keeps doing that no matter how many times i press it. So i give up and then later i use it it works fine for a bit. Next thing i know, its glitching again.

Its so annoying cuz i cant stop apps and switch tabs and stuff. Is there a fix to this?

Gs5 neo

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
This sounds more like a software problem than a hardware problem. You might try starting your phone in Safe Mode to see if an app is causing the issue. Note that since I don't know which carrier you're on, the link is just a generic Google search. Just find your carrier to learn how to get into safe mode on your phone.

If the phone works in Safe mode, then you'll have to isolate which app is causing the issue and possibly uninstall it. If it doesn't work in safe mode, you might need to possibly go through a factory reset. If you do opt for a factory reset, be sure to back up all your data first.

Are you running the Touchwiz launcher, or another one like Nova, or something else?

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
This sounds more like a software problem than a hardware problem. You might try starting your phone in Safe Mode to see if an app is causing the issue. Note that since I don't know which carrier you're on, the link is just a generic Google search. Just find your carrier to learn how to get into safe mode on your phone.

If the phone works in Safe mode, then you'll have to isolate which app is causing the issue and possibly uninstall it. If it doesn't work in safe mode, you might need to possibly go through a factory reset.

I can verify this to be correct. I had exactly the same problem that only recently surfaced and I booted the phone into safe mode and the problem disappeared. It was one of my most recent apps installed. In my case, it was the smart lock app causing it. As soon as I disabled smart app lock, the recent apps button worked perfectly. So check your most recent app installations as that could be a culprit.

UsefZ

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
This was not the case for me, It seems like the screen itself, (atleast for me), when I try to push like the screen in the button place, everything is normal fora couple of seconds
AND how do I know, the front camera,when i open it there seems a black curve along the top (that shows the screen has been taken off somehow or not in place as it should be), so if that is the case ofc the buttons won't work as expected, sooooo can anyone help how to fix tthe screen?