05-13-2016 10:26 AM
45 12
tools
    No not yet. Was going to try a factory reset, but I haven't had time yet.
    04-10-2016 07:29 PM
    Is everyone getting the SD Card notification? Anyone find a solution yet? Wonder if maybe a factory reset would help.
    No need to do a factory reset. This is the case with Masrhmallow on all devices, not just Sprint. I have it on my Note 4 and my sister has it on her S7 on T-mobile. This is a marshmallow up but I believe it might go away if you change the SD card to adoptable storage (not an easy option on Samsung Phones). I believe there is a way to do that through some ADB command (search XDA for the process).
    04-11-2016 02:13 PM
    Did you get any reply on this yet? I am getting the same notification: "SD CARD Tap here to transfer media files". Looking to get rid of the notification. I have a Sprint Galaxy S5. My phone just went thru some big Marshmallow update. Maybe the notification started right afterwards.
    04-17-2016 09:53 AM
    There is no separate option for 'Doze'. It just works when you upgrade to Marshmallow & when the phone is completely idle & not connected to charger, of course. The phone needs to be completely idle, not even a slight movement which will disturb the sensors of the device. This scenario is generally at night when humans sleep :-)
    04-17-2016 12:55 PM
    Yes. I liked to set different vibration patterns to easily make out who is calling when phone is on silent (vibrate) mode, but now cannot do so since the update :-(
    04-17-2016 12:58 PM
    I most certainly am receiving this annoying message on my Virgin Galaxy S5
    04-22-2016 02:22 PM
    FYI....I just got the OTA update today. I'm using the S5 Sport. They're similar enough. My issue.....I lost access to all my downloaded/installed apps. Upon initial install bootup I had the icons showing on the screen(s) but they were like they were greyed out. When I clicked the icon to run the App it said App not installed. ALL of them. The default phone apps all seemed okay however. All of most of these Apps had been moved to the Ext 64 gb card to run. So somehow during my upgrade the OS did not make the connection from ext memory vs internal memory for the installed Apps.

So I'm just doing a reset and letting the online backup reinstall all my Apps. Generally I like to do a reset myself after an upgrade anyway. But in this case I had not backed up my latest(months worth) of text files. I had to reinstall SMS Backup and backup all my Texts prior to the reset.
    This is the first time I've had a real issue with any update with any of my smart phones. Sprint user.
    04-23-2016 08:28 PM
    Still nothing from Verizon.

@Ironass - do you have the link for the site which provides details on what OS each S5 variant is currently on?
    04-25-2016 11:25 AM
    @blur - you can go here - just change the phone type in the drop down list to the make and model you want to find (this actually shows ALL Samsung devices). It's pretty easy to navigate and up to the minute (it seems, anyway)

Samsung Updates Latest Firmware - LIVE!
    BlurryEyed likes this.
    04-25-2016 11:45 AM
    @blur - you can go here - just change the phone type in the drop down list to the make and model you want to find (this actually shows ALL Samsung devices). It's pretty easy to navigate and up to the minute (it seems, anyway)

Samsung Updates Latest Firmware - LIVE!
    There it is! Thanks-
    04-25-2016 02:37 PM
    Wait a sec...that site seems wildly out of date, am I wrong?

SM-GM900A (AT&T) should be up to at least lollipop, am I wrong?
    04-25-2016 02:38 PM
    *snicker* - nope?

Firmware for Samsung SM-G900A - SamMobile
    04-25-2016 04:32 PM
    I did some searching on AT&T's site too for the S5 (G900A) and it doesn't even look like it's even supported by AT&T anymore....WTAF?

Sprint 6.0.1 OTA is out-t-gs5.png
    04-25-2016 04:39 PM
    I did some searching on AT&T's site too for the S5 (G900A) and it doesn't even look like it's even supported by AT&T anymore....WTAF?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AT&T GS5.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	225648
    I just went to their site, here is the page with the update history. They are showing 5.1.1 having been released back in October with another 5.1.1. update this March.

https://www.att.com/devicehowto/tuto...=GalaxyS5G900A
    BlurryEyed likes this.
    04-25-2016 07:36 PM
    I just went to their site, here is the page with the update history. They are showing 5.1.1 having been released back in October with another 5.1.1. update this March.

https://www.att.com/devicehowto/tuto...=GalaxyS5G900A
    This was my suspicion as well. Too bad, that site can3gxw shared looked legit
    04-27-2016 11:12 AM
    This was my suspicion as well. Too bad, that site can3gxw shared looked legit
    When I did a search for the model number, it gave me the same thing that can3gxw had, so had to go click by click in the support section to get to the information.
    04-27-2016 11:39 AM
    Wait a sec...that site seems wildly out of date, am I wrong?

Since Samsung do not release AT&T or Verizon firmware, it is up to these carriers whether or not they supply details to SamMobile for download. Verizon do... AT&T do not. Hence, only the original S5, AT&T firmware release is showing in SamMobile. IMHO, very mean spirited of AT&T as downloading and flashing the current stock firmware can, in some cases, solve a lot of issues.

As to the AT&T site not showing any updates, I cannot comment, save to say that they may be winding down their support for the S5, G900A, model although I would anticipate at least one Marshmallow release from them.
    04-27-2016 11:45 AM
    Be very careful with this. I"ve found that, when running stock 6.0.1, whether rooted or not, my SD cards have become unusable.

I'll be opening a new thread about this and will provide the link here shortly.
    05-12-2016 04:47 PM
    05-13-2016 10:23 AM
    To be clear, it's *accessing* any card that I insert in the phone that's the issue. The actual card itself is fine and works properly in other devices.
    05-13-2016 10:26 AM
45 12