Sprint 6.0.1 OTA is out

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Just a heads up for anyone who does a factory reset on the Sprint version post Marshmallow update. When the screen shows the Sprint logo and it looks like it isn't doing anything, it is doing the factory reset but the screen isn't doing anything. I was concerned that my phone froze because it didn't look like it was doing anything, but a couple minutes later the screen changed to and was taking me through setup.

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I didn't do the factory reset, but when I updated to 6.0.1 after it reset everything and was restarting after updating mine sat on that Sprint screen forever - it was like 3-4 minutes. I left it alone and all of the sudden it just started doing whatever was next.

captfbgnet

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been able to find the Doze options. Did Samsung leave this out as well or can somebody point me in the right direction to enable this feature?

I think it's this: settings>battery>.App power saving >detail Phone automatically selects apps for power saving. Don't think you're going to find a 'DOZE" moniker

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Is everyone getting the SD Card notification? Anyone find a solution yet? Wonder if maybe a factory reset would help.

No need to do a factory reset. This is the case with Masrhmallow on all devices, not just Sprint. I have it on my Note 4 and my sister has it on her S7 on T-mobile. This is a marshmallow up but I believe it might go away if you change the SD card to adoptable storage (not an easy option on Samsung Phones). I believe there is a way to do that through some ADB command (search XDA for the process).

gordon144

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
Did you get any reply on this yet? I am getting the same notification: "SD CARD Tap here to transfer media files". Looking to get rid of the notification. I have a Sprint Galaxy S5. My phone just went thru some big Marshmallow update. Maybe the notification started right afterwards.

mru007

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
There is no separate option for 'Doze'. It just works when you upgrade to Marshmallow & when the phone is completely idle & not connected to charger, of course. The phone needs to be completely idle, not even a slight movement which will disturb the sensors of the device. This scenario is generally at night when humans sleep :)

mru007

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes. I liked to set different vibration patterns to easily make out who is calling when phone is on silent (vibrate) mode, but now cannot do so since the update :-(

BamaInArk

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
FYI....I just got the OTA update today. I'm using the S5 Sport. They're similar enough. My issue.....I lost access to all my downloaded/installed apps. Upon initial install bootup I had the icons showing on the screen(s) but they were like they were greyed out. When I clicked the icon to run the App it said App not installed. ALL of them. The default phone apps all seemed okay however. All of most of these Apps had been moved to the Ext 64 gb card to run. So somehow during my upgrade the OS did not make the connection from ext memory vs internal memory for the installed Apps.

So I'm just doing a reset and letting the online backup reinstall all my Apps. Generally I like to do a reset myself after an upgrade anyway. But in this case I had not backed up my latest(months worth) of text files. I had to reinstall SMS Backup and backup all my Texts prior to the reset.
This is the first time I've had a real issue with any update with any of my smart phones. Sprint user.

BlurryEyed

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Still nothing from Verizon.

@Ironass - do you have the link for the site which provides details on what OS each S5 variant is currently on?

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I did some searching on AT&T's site too for the S5 (G900A) and it doesn't even look like it's even supported by AT&T anymore....WTAF? :eek:

AT&T GS5.png

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site