Sprint 6.0.1 OTA is out

Paterick

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
So far no big changes visually other than new icons.
  • April security update.
  • Smart Manager is new, but I think other S5 variants had it before.
  • New version of the Sprint voicemail app.
  • New shutdown/start up splash screens and sound.
  • Have to use password after rebooting now, can't use fingerprint.
  • New animations when opening apps, locking screen.

That's all I have noticed so far.

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
You will eventually be able to use fingerprint again after everything is finally all set up and updated. Not sure I am digging these round icons, too iPhone-ish to me.

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Looks like custom vibrate patterns are gone. At least all my custom vibrate patterns I made and the option to create them doesn't seem to exist anymore.

TextMeMaybe

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Since updating I get a notification that says SD Card Tap here to transfer media files. It comes back after I've restarted my phone. What does it want me to do? I tapped on it once, seems like it just takes me to my storage.

japark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Since updating I get a notification that says SD Card Tap here to transfer media files. It comes back after I've restarted my phone. What does it want me to do? I tapped on it once, seems like it just takes me to my storage.

It seems unnecessary to have to dismiss that notification every time the phone is restarted.
I wonder if there is a setting to turn it off, but I suspect there is no such setting.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I've been waiting for 5.1.1 on verizon!

Those of us on Sprint were the same way, never got a 5.1.1 update, so was pleasantly surprised when we got the 6.0.1 update today.

As for the update, have completed the installation, only used it for about an hour, but no issues noticed yet. So am happy with the update so far.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Looks like Virgin, Canada, should be getting this update right now, as well.

Nothing yet here in Canada. I'm on Bell and usually all carriers put them out at the same time. No updates yet on Sammobile or samsung-updates.

I SO want my Marshmallow!

RammerXMG

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been able to find the Doze options. Did Samsung leave this out as well or can somebody point me in the right direction to enable this feature?