The Samsung Galaxy S5 is 2 years old today!

Released on Friday, 11th April 2014, the Galaxy S5 is still supported by Samsung and has started to receive the Marshmallow, Android 6.0.1, update. This is now, my 14th update since launch!

My phone, the international G900F, on stock Samsung unbranded firmware, has been and still is, for me, rock solid and a great piece of kit.

Well done Samsung!

See, also, 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide
    TitoRoE and thecomicbookandme like this.
    04-10-2016 06:04 PM
    Hooray! My S5 only received 3-4 updates since launch and still on 5.0! I spent a lot of good times with my S5. A week ago, i switched to an S6 edge. Im starting to miss the good battery life that lasted more than a day. Now, my S6 edge hardly survive a day without charging it twice.

Happy birthday S5! You are the one who made me love android

Posted with ❤Love❤
    ironass likes this.
    04-10-2016 06:35 PM
    S5 is a darn good device and it works well for what I use it for. I'll likely get a few more good years out of it. I just popped a 200gb card in it yesterday, too. Works.

I likely won't buy anything new at all until there is a difinitive and demonstrated reliable means of ensuring that android devices will receive maintenence and security updates.

Samsung makes nice stuff even if I do gripe about them.

I want to find a better case, though. I don't like this Spigen Tough Armor one. It doesn't quite cover the bezel all the way around the top edges of the device. And it's doing a number on my OCD.
    flintlock, ironass and shadowsjc like this.
    04-10-2016 10:47 PM
    S4 Active
    04-11-2016 08:13 PM
    Is a damn fine phone. But because of a hardware failure, I've since upgraded to the amazing Note 4.

Note 4 910C 5.1.1 | Android Central App
    04-11-2016 09:07 PM

I am shopping for an upgrade and underwhelmed ...had been waiting for M10 announcement, and thats done..

All the 820s are clocked lower than the S5 ! M10 and 6P dont have wireless charging ! V10 seems more desireable than G5 ! S7 could have lived with USB with wireless charging but the BOOTLOADER is locked!

Even the sView case is a step backwards .. phone is held in by corners, it is no longer the case back and so slim foreign matter may be trapped under the flap and scratch screen ..

For two years have been dealing with the s5 doing phantom answer , my screen intermittently wont 'ignite', and now worst of all ...headphone jack is inop/wont let plug seat .

BUT even in spite of all that ...no newer phone model has the not sloppy charge port and wireless option, removable battery and SD card slot, root and ROM, some water resistance and a faster processor ??

Even a NOTE 4 is more desirable than some of the new models !

What have you all seen that is a compelling upgrade feature besides a 'better' camera ??

RANT ON !

04-12-2016 03:23 PM
    I loved my s5 I remember being excited about this phone when it first was launched.... had it in white pearl 😀

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-12-2016 05:37 PM
    A great phone superb battery life,im missing mine already its on the charger 😊

Posted via the Android Central App
    ironass likes this.
    04-13-2016 05:11 AM