Password protect files on s5?

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to password protect files on the s5 just on the phone alone without a 3rd party app? Or if a 3rd party is the way to go, does anyone have any good recommendations?

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
You can use the built in private mode from samsung. You can activate private mode in settings > privacy and safety.

With private mode, you can protect and hide your files. And the files can only be opened and viewed in private mode.

Posted with ❤Love❤

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
You can use the built in private mode from samsung. You can activate private mode in settings > privacy and safety.

With private mode, you can protect and hide your files. And the files can only be opened and viewed in private mode.

Posted with ❤Love❤

Thanks for the advice, but I'm looking for something more simpler and quicker, such as where if you click a document file, it prompts you for a password or pin without being private mode or anything like that. Anyone know of any way to accomplish this?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There are so many apps on the play store, why not install a few (one at a time) and play with some garbage file to see which one works best for you? All it costs is time (even if there's a paid version or in-app purchase that makes it do exactly what you want - .play with the free version first).

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
There are so many apps on the play store, why not install a few (one at a time) and play with some garbage file to see which one works best for you? All it costs is time (even if there's a paid version or in-app purchase that makes it do exactly what you want - .play with the free version first).

I may resort to that, but one of the issues I have with using an app is the permissions. The apps require permission to do a variety of things and one of them may be to access a file that I don't want them or anyone else accessing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey