Is there a way to password protect files on the s5 just on the phone alone without a 3rd party app? Or if a 3rd party is the way to go, does anyone have any good recommendations?
    04-13-2016 02:01 AM
    You can use the built in private mode from samsung. You can activate private mode in settings > privacy and safety.

With private mode, you can protect and hide your files. And the files can only be opened and viewed in private mode.

Posted with ❤Love❤
    04-13-2016 07:48 AM
    You can use the built in private mode from samsung. You can activate private mode in settings > privacy and safety.

With private mode, you can protect and hide your files. And the files can only be opened and viewed in private mode.

Posted with ❤Love❤
    Thanks for the advice, but I'm looking for something more simpler and quicker, such as where if you click a document file, it prompts you for a password or pin without being private mode or anything like that. Anyone know of any way to accomplish this?
    04-13-2016 11:25 AM
    There are so many apps on the play store, why not install a few (one at a time) and play with some garbage file to see which one works best for you? All it costs is time (even if there's a paid version or in-app purchase that makes it do exactly what you want - .play with the free version first).
    04-13-2016 11:59 AM
    There are so many apps on the play store, why not install a few (one at a time) and play with some garbage file to see which one works best for you? All it costs is time (even if there's a paid version or in-app purchase that makes it do exactly what you want - .play with the free version first).
    I may resort to that, but one of the issues I have with using an app is the permissions. The apps require permission to do a variety of things and one of them may be to access a file that I don't want them or anyone else accessing.
    04-13-2016 03:26 PM
    I use one called Crude Locker that is free and simple to use.
    04-13-2016 03:29 PM