Why did my Samsung S5 factory reset itself?

A

AC Question

Why did my Samusnfg s5 factory reset itself?

If you can imagine, I am beyond livid. I've had this phone for a year and a half and had pictures with friends, boyfriend, deceased friends and family, which I'll never get back. I woke up this morning to my phone sitting beside me on 'System Wizard.' It would not let me close out of it at all, so i continuously clicked skip to try to avoid doing anything to my phone, but when it was back on, everything was gone. Pictures, contacts, apps, memos, everything. I even had to reactivate my phone number in order to call Verizon to complain. Which from there they told me that there was nothing they can do about and to complain to Samsung. I just want my pictures back and an actual reason of why this happened.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why did my Samusnfg s5 factory reset itself?

Hello!

Sorry that this happened to you. If you didn't have your photos backed up, then I'm afraid, there is no possible way to recover them. If you had your phone set to have Google backup your device, then it should offer you the opportunity during set up wizard to recover from backup file.

As far as what caused this, there are too many possibilities to mention I'm afraid.

Hope this helps, some.

Chris

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why did my Samusnfg s5 factory reset itself?

This is why any file you don't have backed up to at least 2 other destinations (like cloud accounts not associated with your phone) are files you don't need. If you had everything important backed up, it would be a minor annoyance.