06-04-2016 08:52 AM
79 1234
tools
    iron by any chance do you know when marshmellow is coming for singapore MM1?

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-18-2016 05:19 AM
    iron by any chance do you know when marshmellow is coming for singapore MM1?

All down to your carrier, M1, now BR34KF4ST
    05-18-2016 06:51 AM
    More Marshmallow releases for the global, G900F, model....

United Kingdom (Three)
    United Arab Emirates
    Egypt
    Iraq
    Saudi Arabia

Releases also for the dual sim model, G900FD, for...

Kazakhstan
    Uzbekistan

Releases also for the Turkish model, G900FQ, for...

Turkey

Releases also for the Latin America model, G900M, for...

Panama
    Chile
    Uruguay
    Bolivia
    Argentina
    Trinidad & Tobago

With only one, lightly, branded model above, we can see that being on stock Samsung, unbranded, firmware has its advantages... no carrier to hold things up!
    05-20-2016 05:14 AM

France
    Ireland (O2)
    Morocco (MAT)
    Kenya
    Morocco (MWD)
    Saudi Arabia (STC)
    Malaysia

Releases also for the dual sim model, G900FD, for...

Caucaus Countries
    Ukraine (Kyivstar)

Release for U.S. carrier branded, minority variant, model G900T...

USA (T-Mobile)

Release for U.S. carrier branded, minority variant, model G900T1...

USA (T-Mobile/Metro-PCS)
    05-24-2016 04:23 AM
    And until now no signs of MM here in Philippines G900F model. *losinghope*

05-24-2016 05:36 AM
    Marshmallow on Fido Carrier for the Canadian variant SM-G900W8 is due out today per their schedule.

OS Upgrade

I'm crossing my fingers on this update just because I use my unlocked Canadian GS5 in the U.S. on AT&T network.

Hopefully it doesn't re-lock itself to Fido. It might.

I'm going to try to update via the Canadian version of Kies3. Ought to be a hoot.
    05-24-2016 07:33 AM
    I'm going to try to update via the Canadian version of Kies3. Ought to be a hoot.
    Fingers crossed from the Great White North for ya, sokem!
    rokemsokem likes this.
    05-24-2016 08:04 AM
    Hi guys!

Somewhere in the back of my mind, I thought I saw something about a release for both Rogers & Fido, (RWC & FMC), being scheduled for the 25th May. That could have been U.K. time, I suppose. So it could be the 24th for you.
    rokemsokem likes this.
    05-24-2016 08:21 AM
    Fingers crossed from the Great White North for ya, sokem!
    Hey, thanks, man. I hope it works out. I've backed everything up, drained my battery and charged it a few cycles, and i may factory reset the thing before updating.

Speaking of the Great White North, I have to get up there some day. It's pretty country from what I've seen on the web.
    05-24-2016 08:24 AM
    Hi guys!

Somewhere in the back of my mind, I thought I saw something about a release for both Rogers & Fido, (RWC & FMC), being scheduled for the 25th May. That could have been U.K. time, I suppose. So it could be the 24th for you.
    Yeah, Rogers has the 25th on their OS update schedule. Actually just a few days ago Fido had the update listed as "Coming this Summer" so they've updated that date to the 24th in the last couple of days or so.

Will see, I suppose. I'm more anxious to see if the update re-locks my phone than I am about the update itself. I'm also curious if it'll have May's security patch.

After this update, I'm going to live with it for a year or so and I'm likely going to start saving my pennies for an International S8 if it has a removable battery.
    05-24-2016 08:27 AM
    Didn't happen. OS update schedule for May 24th release is inaccurate. The schedule on their web site proclaims a May 24th release date. They just didn't deliver. Seems to be a trend with Rogers and Fido with the kicking the can down the road gag.

Ah well.
    05-24-2016 08:20 PM
    Didn't happen. OS update schedule for May 24th release is inaccurate. The schedule on their web site proclaims a May 24th release date. They just didn't deliver. Seems to be a trend with Rogers and Fido with the kicking the can down the road gag.

Ah well.
    For all those of you still waiting for your Marshmallow firmware release... a little music to help pass the time

I'll get my coat!
    rokemsokem and Tritonemusic like this.
    05-24-2016 09:40 PM
    Heh. That made me chuckle.
    05-24-2016 11:27 PM
    Ruh Roh. Somebody's downloading FMC Marshmallow as he types this. Oooooh...ahhhhh squishy squishy Marshmallows.
    ironass likes this.
    05-26-2016 01:25 AM
    Ruh Roh. Somebody's downloading FMC Marshmallow as he types this. Oooooh...ahhhhh squishy squishy Marshmallows.
    Looks like they made the 25th May after all... just!
    05-26-2016 01:49 AM
    Looks like they made the 25th May after all... just!
    Yessir.

I upgraded by way of Kies. It's since downloaded and rebooted. So, it's optimizing apps at the moment. Kies told me to disconnect and reconnect the cable but I wasn't sure whether they meant after the reboot or during. So, I did it when the new Samsung boot logo came on. I guess it's okay.

Oops. It's done. April 2nd security patch.

I'm going to clear cache and factory reset now.

Edit: Everything works. I got my APN settings set up on the device and all of that stuff is working fine so it didn't re-lock my phone. And it's running cool. Not running hot.

Oh, and also that other question I had in the other thread (which I'd forgotten about until seeing it on this update) about my phone displaying LTE instead of 4G reflects everyone's answer there that it is just marketing shenanigans. Now with this new update, it displays 4G instead of LTE. Same carrier. Go figure. I like the 4G better anyway.

So, yeah. All is well that ends well. Only thing I've noticed so far is that when I power off the device, it takes it maybe 10 seconds to power off. With the Lollipop it just powered off right away. Also two tiny little bloatware apps. App Zone app is 1.5 mb and My Account App is 20mb. I disabled both since I'm not with the carrier. Or a resident of Canada for that matter.

Update: The delay that was happening at powering down the device went away so now it's powering down and rebooting without any delay.
    ironass and can3gxw like this.
    05-26-2016 02:01 AM
    Rogers is rolling out the MM update.

Installing right now

05-26-2016 03:20 AM

Ireland (Three)
    Serbia (Telenor)
    Bosnia Herzegovina
    Macedonia
    Bulgaria
    Slovenia
    Baltic
    Slovakia
    Poland (Orange)
    Spain (Orange)

Release for U.S. carrier branded, minority variant, model G900V...

USA (Verizon)

Release for the octa core, non 4G/LTE, model G900H

India (INU)

Release for the Canadian regional model G900W8

Canada (Rogers)
    Canada (Fido)
    Canada (MTA)
    06-02-2016 03:39 AM
    I was able to download and install Marshmallow on Tuesday, but ever since I'm getting some error like "google play services will not run unless you update google play services". But when I go to the store to update Google Play Services it doesn't show that there is an update available. Anybody else seeing this?
    06-02-2016 07:21 AM
    I did originally. Tapped on the drop down notification and it showed only uninstall. Went back in later and it did show update. Thought it was weird but it worked out.
    06-02-2016 12:00 PM
    I did originally. Tapped on the drop down notification and it showed only uninstall. Went back in later and it did show update. Thought it was weird but it worked out.
    Good to know it isn't just me. I guess I'll just keep checking for that mystery update.
    06-02-2016 12:05 PM
    FYI, I finally got Google Play Services to update after clearing the data and cache from the Google Play Store app and rebooting.
    06-03-2016 10:17 AM
    I received mine this am. Battery is already trashed. 5 hours of light usage and battery is yellow and less than 20%.Any suggestions?
    Did cache wipe.
    There is no app manager to see what is running from what I could quickly find.

06-03-2016 10:41 AM
    I received mine this am. Battery is already trashed. 5 hours of light usage and battery is yellow and less than 20%.Any suggestions?
    Did cache wipe.
    There is no app manager to see what is running from what I could quickly find.

Check that all your user apps have been updated for Marshmallow, on the Play Store, (update since July 2015), as a lot have apps are yet to be updated by their developers. A Factory Data Reset is always a good idea after an update of the the platform... cures a lot of ills.
    Enverdaz likes this.
    06-03-2016 11:04 AM
    Google play services seems to be high on battery usage page.
    Attached Thumbnails Marshmallow releases for Galaxy S5-1464970115428.jpg   Marshmallow releases for Galaxy S5-1464970132294.jpg  
    06-03-2016 11:09 AM
79 1234