I know I know, we've all heard this one before: I am getting a notification sound that doesn't come along with any kind of actual notification.

I have checked through all the other forum posts, most of the time it's Yahoo Mail. Mine's not Yahoo mail. I have no idea what it is.
    What's more, I installed a notification logging app and whatever is making the sound doesn't even register with it.

Basically something is making a rather cheerful sound randomly on my phone but it doesn't seem to be associated with any app. Again, Notification Log isn't catching it, either.

So...how on earth do I proceed here? What methodology does one employ to track down what the sound COULD be? I have nearly every game/app's notification ability unchecked in the settings: app manager.
    Is it possible a game or app can just make the notification sounds without sending the actual notification?

Galaxy S5, unrooted, been doing this phantom tone for a few weeks. Oh and for reference, the sound is a "cheerful" little rising note pattern, and whatever it is, it's not in my bank of notification sounds I can select in settings. No clue what it is.
    04-15-2016 05:03 PM
    Do you still get the notification sound if you run your phone in Safe Mode. See #1.4 of S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide. That could help narrow it down from a system function or a user app.
    04-15-2016 05:31 PM
    The tone you describe is the notification for voicemail. We have several different galaxy devices and our note5, S4, S3 all were doing the same thing. A notification tone at radom times without any new messages, emails, etc . I went as far as turning all notifications off and the sound presested. I tracked down down the problem to the voicemail app. I had to unistalled the app, restarted the phone, and reinstalled it. It seem to fix the problem. Hope this helps

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-15-2016 08:57 PM