Can't clear storage space on s5

ZoniMac

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I have a 64GB sd card on my Galaxy s5, and I have moved all my pics, videos and music to the card, but I am still getting messages that my storage is almost gone. My sd card still has 49GB of available space. Is there something I am missing here? I unmounted my sd card, and restarted my phone, but my music is still on the phone without the card (the card shows that the music is on it). How do I get it off my phone to clear up storage space? Also, is there any way to delete factory-installed, absolutely useless apps that I have no use for, and no idea what they do?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
When you "move" an app to the SD card, you're actually moving many small pieces of the app. Each piece leaves a link in internal storage pointing to where on the card that piece is stored. (Android looks in internal storage, whether the app was moved or not.) If the pieces that were moved are smaller than a link (that depends on how the app was written - a piece can be as small as a class consisting of 2 lines of code), you actually LOSE internal storage.

Deleting factory installed apps. First you have to be rooted. Second, an app that you do use may be using a function in a system app that you don't use, so deleting the "unused" app will keep the used app from working.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1