is galaxy s5 better phone to get besides galaxy s7 or s7 the edge

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
my birthday is tomorrow and i'm trying to decide if should just get me this phone since there are some minor issues with galaxy s7 and the edge mostly wifi issues and sd card notifications pop up error

i understand that galaxy s5 doesn't have marshmellow update on verizon as of yet what do you guys think i should do?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I, personally, wouldn't pick up an S5 if I had it besides an S7. Much better value. And the S5 wasn't exactly Samsung's best, it had a ton of issues as well. In any case, I'd go with an S6 or a Note 4/5.

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
really there's issues on s5? i don't want to get a galaxy s6 because there's no sd card slot on it

i have never had a galaxy phone before and i only had 2 droid phones droid r2d2 which didn't last long due to the some of stickers on keys on keyboard were peeling off

i currently have a droid 4 phone with keyboard i have alot of problems with it in the past got it fixed back new years eve of this year btw

its on jellybean will never update i thought maybe blackberry priv due to keyboard thing but i'm not so sure since no file manager or gallery app

so basically i'm going to be going off a keyboard phone anyways if you were me what would be better if don't get galaxy s5 but rather galaxy s7 or s7 the edge?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The S7/S7 Edge is a much better phone than the S5, definitely. I have the Edge and other than touchscreen sensitivity issues (which were resolved with the latest patch), I've had no problems at all. And battery life will definitely be better on the S7 than on the S5. If you want the physical keyboard, they even sell one on the Samsung page (might be able to buy it if there are still promos for activating Samsung Pay). Oh, yeah, Samsung Pay! Definitely something the S5 won't have and you'll wish you had. I barely take out my wallet anymore.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Oh, yeah, Samsung Pay! Definitely something the S5 won't have and you'll wish you had. I barely take out my wallet anymore.

Something that your friends down at your local bar have already commented on SpookDroid ;)

I am afraid it is the same old story with both the S5 and S7. There is a higher complaint ratio with the U.S. carrier minority variants compared to the Samsung Global models. In the case of the S7, the difference may be more apparent with the Global models on the faster, more battery friendly, Exynos chipset and the U.S. models on the Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset which, although better than most phones on the market, is slower and less battery friendly. See, here and here.

Also, if you are into rooting, the big surprise on the U.S. models, (at least it was to me), is that they all have the double mega locked down bootloader that we have so far only seen on the AT&T and Verizon models and prevent rooting.

Having said that, the S5 is currently receiving, possibly, its last update, to Marshmallow whilst the S7 is set for Android N and Android O.

By the way... HAPPY BIRTHDAY y2jman! :)

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
well the main reason why i need to get another phone is that battery on my droid 4 phone needs to replace but i never due to birthday month did last few weeks not only it draining faster then when i turn off mobile and turn on wifi does it when wifi isn't on as well when i got out sometimes when i put it on charger dock it charges strangely as well

so if galaxy s5 battery is worst then i guess need to get a galaxy s7 i'm not so sure about the edge part if i need to have a bigger phone since i read not alot of screen protectors that will fit unlike galaxy s7

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you want tempered glass protectors, then yeah, you're out of luck if you go for the Edge version. But if you are using 'normal' thin-film ones, there are quite a few that will wrap around the edges nicely, especially those that use a liquid for adhesion, not the static-cling ones.

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I've had all three and I love the s7 the most- the S5 got really glitchy after the lollipop update it's easier to find protection for the s7 too.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12