How to get my Samsung S5 to stop beeping????

Brad Howe

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
I know this has been asked before and I've posted in another thread that had this question so I hope I'm not breaking any tos rules. So here goes.

I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING!!!!!! Sorry for yelling but I've tried every fix from every thread on the internet I could find, including but not limited to:
NFC fix
Accessibility fix
Yahoo email fix
Wifi fix
etc.etc.etc.
I did what ironass said to do on 4/23/15 and entered into safe mode. Problem still exists. (aforementioned thread)
The problem: samsung s5 beeps every 5 minutes and some odd seconds for several hours on end. Then stops for several hours on end. The beep is a 3 note from high to higher sound. Driving me crazy. So is it firmware related as ironass posted? Do I need to roll it back to a previous version? Is it safe?
After some (lots..like days worth) of trial and error I've found it it strictly related to the media volume (merely, putting phone on vibrate doesn't stop it).

Thanks very much in advance.

Brad Howe

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
UPDATE:

At about the same time this post was approved I noticed it has stopped again. The only 2 things that have changed are:
1: the passage of time 4:45PST (for documentation)
2. my phone was on charger and had reached 95% (now at 100)

We shall see.

Brad Howe

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
No. Started beeping again right after this post last night. Just turned media down so I didn't have to listen to it. Funny thing is phone went dead during the night. Plugged in this morning to almost full charge. Turned media back up and haven't heard a peep yet. IDK.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
If, as you state, the phone continues to emit beeps whilst running in Safe Mode, then it is either the firmware that is causing the problem or a hardware issue, such as your USB port is shorting because of dirt or is damaged.

I assume that you have already tried wiping the phone's cache partition.

You could, initially, do a Factory Data Reset as per #2.3 of S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide. If you take your phone for service, they will do this as a matter of course. If after the FDR, you are still experiencing the beeping, you can download and reflash your firmware or have your phone's hardware checked out professionally.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670