S5 mini resets all settings after reboot

Akherousia

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

I've been having this problem since the day I got the phone and it's starting to drive me crazy.

After reboot the phone resets all of the following settings:
- App notifications - they all become active again so I keep getting spammed by all sorts of apps I have installed
- Default app associations - each time I have to choose which app to use when opening anything
- My provider's special app gets moved out of the folder I place it in

Notification issue can be fixed if the app is located in the phone memory. But I want my apps on SD, because I don't have much memory.

Anyone ever encountered anything like this? I'm really tired of this. My phone really likes restarting by itself these days, so I get this problem every other day.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I've been having this problem since the day I got the phone and it's starting to drive me crazy.

After reboot the phone resets all of the following settings:
- App notifications - they all become active again so I keep getting spammed by all sorts of apps I have installed
- Default app associations - each time I have to choose which app to use when opening anything
- My provider's special app gets moved out of the folder I place it in

Notification issue can be fixed if the app is located in the phone memory. But I want my apps on SD, because I don't have much memory.

Anyone ever encountered anything like this? I'm really tired of this. My phone really likes restarting by itself these days, so I get this problem every other day.

Hello and welcome to Android Central Akherousia!

Try wiping your phone's cache partition as per #1.3 of S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide to see if that resolves your problem.

You could also do a Factory Data Reset on your phone, as per #2.3 of the aforementioned guide.

Failing that, you can download and re-flash your firmware for your model of phone, CSC and Product code, as per #1.11 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci