I have searched everywhere, but the results always seem to be people with the opposite problem... they can't get MMS over Wifi.

I MUST connect to wifi to get MMS.
    If I don't, I get a download button, but nothing happens when I press it (it just says "downloading...").

All other data e.g. web browsing works fine.
    MMS used to work, but stopped a few months ago.

At some point I rooted the phone, but I'm on the stock rom. I switched from the stock messaging app to 8sms. Both of them have the same issue.

I went into 8sms settings for mms, and found the sprint mms server etc... but the settings all seem correct (based on what google says anyway). The mms server is mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms , the proxy is 68.28.31.76 , the port is 80.

Any ideas? I've tried enabling and disabling the MMS over Wifi option (same result)... I never tried changing settings like user agent or extra headers, no idea what should go there.
    04-22-2016 03:00 PM
    I have searched everywhere, but the results always seem to be people with the opposite problem... they can't get MMS over Wifi.

I MUST connect to wifi to get MMS.
    If I don't, I get a download button, but nothing happens when I press it (it just says "downloading...").

All other data e.g. web browsing works fine.
    MMS used to work, but stopped a few months ago.

At some point I rooted the phone, but I'm on the stock rom. I switched from the stock messaging app to 8sms. Both of them have the same issue.

I went into 8sms settings for mms, and found the sprint mms server etc... but the settings all seem correct (based on what google says anyway). The mms server is mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms , the proxy is 68.28.31.76 , the port is 80.

Any ideas? I've tried enabling and disabling the MMS over Wifi option (same result)... I never tried changing settings like user agent or extra headers, no idea what should go there.
    Welcome to Android Central!

Try going in to your settings, apps, find your stock messaging app and clear the data from it. See if that fixes the issue.
    05-04-2016 07:31 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Have you also spoken to Sprint about this?
    05-04-2016 02:22 PM