What do i do if Malware in Google play service app and I have disabled & force stopped it, I then go to do factory reset and before it's done Google play service is back on it and saves most of the data I said not to save? Then I go to settings then apps it says it's running then go to all apps and it says it's disabled & forced stop but all the data I deleted off of it is back on it.. When I try to disable it again it tells me I can't because it is an administrator.. What do I do?
    04-22-2016 03:04 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Google Play Services is integral to how all of your Google apps and services work. It's not malware. See here: The genius of Google Play Services: Tackling Android fragmentation, malware and forking in one fell swoop | Android Central
    Why do you suspect Google Play Services is infected by malware?
    04-22-2016 03:26 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Google Play Services is integral to how all of your Google apps and services work. It's not malware. See here: The genius of Google Play Services: Tackling Android fragmentation, malware and forking in one fell swoop | Android Central
    Aquila and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-22-2016 03:30 PM
    Why do you suspect Google Play Services is infected by malware?
    I'm thinking Google play service is being controlled by malware maybe? Every time I try to factory reset I tell it not to save or restore anything but after the factor reset is done, it restores certain things and says Google play service is working as administrator. I've disabled and forced stop it and deleted all data on the G.play service app, close out then go right back to the app and it's still running, pull it back up says it's still disabled & forced stopped but all the data & cache data is back on it. Is there anyway to put pics on here so you can see? I took screen shots of each step I done and when I reopened again.
    04-22-2016 04:51 PM
    Every time I try to factory reset I tell it not to save or restore anything but after the factor reset is done, it restores certain things and says Google play service is working as administrator.
    Go to Settings>Backup & Reset, and uncheck Automatically Restore. Now do another Factory Reset.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-central.html
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-22-2016 05:44 PM
    Google Play Services is an app that hooks in to just about every app and service on Android - it enables a huge amount of features that are otherwise inaccessible within Android. It will automatically restart (because it is a fundamental service) and it should always be running. I can't think of a reason that you'd want to make it stop running unless it's just because you're not sure what it is.

You should avoid disabling, force-stopping, etc. at all costs unless you're going to run a custom version of Android without any Google apps, including the Play Store, etc. - such as the way the Kindle Fire works.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-22-2016 07:24 PM
    I've done that over and over again. I've made sure every time to uncheck the automatic restore box but every time after the factory reset is done, the automatic restore box is checked again and you can't uncheck it.
    04-22-2016 07:30 PM
    Why do you want to disable Google Play Services?

Android is not like Windows. Android runs best if RAM is used, not unused. Please see this article from someone who wrote Android: Android Developers Blog: Multitasking the Android Way
    04-22-2016 08:13 PM
    I'm trying to do a factory hard reset because my phone is been acting up. I uncheck the box for automatic restore every time, then to factory reset, when that's done it comes up with the automatic restore box checked again and you can't uncheck it, you have to precede in setting up phone. When I try it again and uncheck the automatic restore box, it puts a check back and says Google play service is the administrator, so I was hoping to disable G.play service then it would let me do the factory reset but it just keeps doing the same thing over & over again. Any suggestions? Anyone help please..
    04-22-2016 08:16 PM
    What do you mean by "acting up"? What issues are you experiencing?
    04-22-2016 08:32 PM
    Hi Tammi Alexander!

Google Play Services is an integral part of your phone which will automatically start and control other aspects of your phone, such as, Google Drive, Google Play Game Services, Maps and Street View, Location, etc: This needs to be active and have a number of permissions to enable those apps to function... a sort of flight controller for your phone, if you like. See, Google Play Services for a more in-depth explanation.

If, for your peace of mind, you wish to check your phone for any possible malware, download Bitdefender Antivirus Free from the Play Store and run some scans to see if they show any issues.

Alternatively, you could even download the firmware for your phone and flash this to your device after a Factory Data Reset and by following the instructions and video in the links of #1.11 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide. This would guarantee a completely fresh, virus free, installation as if it had just come out of the box.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-22-2016 08:34 PM
    It started out when i would text it would send the same text 5-6 times in a row then a few hours later it would send that same text 2-3 times again, then I would text something like "I don't know" and the person I was texting would get "OK it don't matter".. then it would just randomly call people out of contacts but didn't register on my phone. Tried to download a couple game from Google play store and it won't let me, it says Google play service has closed app.. it cleared some apps off under application like Android system it replaced with com.Google.gcm.android and other apps it replaced like that, all of them had "gcm or gms" in it.. The gcm part from what I read wasn't a good thing.
    04-22-2016 09:09 PM
    I tried to download the Bitdefender but when I would tap install it closes down & goes to my home screen, then says Google play store has stopped working, then Google play service has stopped working. Any other suggestions please let me know.
    04-22-2016 09:22 PM
    GCM refers to Google Cloud Messaging, so I don't think that's malware. It sounds more like there's something wrong with the phone's firmware or hardware. A factory reset won't necessarily fix a corrupt firmware, because it's just trying to restore things using the corrupt firmware that's on the phone. You can try reinstalling the firmware using Samsung Smart Switch. If that's not possible, you could also try reinstalling the firmware manually using Odin: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...interface.html
    Laura Knotek, Aquila and ironass like this.
    04-23-2016 02:37 AM
    You get in touch with Google since they have the code and can tell you what is legitimate and what's not IMO.
    04-23-2016 04:51 PM