When I open Gmail the old gmail acct that has been removed pops up! And this is after I removed it completely. When I go back in to settings and hit the Google icon my new Gmail I added shows up...one removed isn't there anymore but for some reason when I try to open Gmail that removed account pops up! There is no option to log off. Please help? Phone is an androit Samsung S5, 5.1 phone.
    04-27-2016 12:14 PM
    If you go to your phone's settings (not the GMail app), go to Accounts, go to Google... does the old account show there?
    04-27-2016 03:43 PM
    Gmail looks at the GMail accounts, not the Google accounts (IOW, you don't have to have a Google account set up to get email from a Gmail account). Go to Accounts, to Gmail accounts and remove the account there. (Even if you have no Google account for that email address, the Gmail account will keep Gmail receiving emails from it.

There's a perfectly good reason for this split. I have 2 Google accounts in my phone, but one of them has no listing in any other account, email or anything else. You can do it the other way too - have a lot of email accounts (I have 4 on my phone) but only one Google account.
    04-27-2016 03:50 PM