Root for Galaxy S5 on Marshmallow

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi there, new to AC :)

Haven't been able to find out a way to root my phone so far, is it possible?

Version: 6.0.1
Model: SM-G900I
Build number: MMB29M.G900IDVU1CPH3
Baseband Version: G900IDVU1CPH1

Hello and welcome to Android Central David McD!

The post above your own has a link and suggestions for rooting the G900i model, that may prove useful.

David McD

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site

BrickHaver

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
Hello Ironass,
I tried to follow the instructions to root my SM-G9000FD but got the following error after flashing
CF-Auto-Root-klte-klteduosxx-smg900fd.tar.md5

RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING
Set Warranty Bit : recovery

What should I do??

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hello Ironass,
I tried to follow the instructions to root my SM-G9000FD but got the following error after flashing
CF-Auto-Root-klte-klteduosxx-smg900fd.tar.md5

RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING
Set Warranty Bit : recovery

What should I do??

Hello and welcome to Android Central BrickHaver!

RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING usually indicates that the root kernel is not compatible with your firmware, see, here.

Since there is only one CF-Auto-Root kernel for your twin sim model, G900FD, of Galaxy S5....

https://download.chainfire.eu/463/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-klte-klteduosxx-smg900fd.zip

which covers all firmwares up to Android 6.0.1 on release G900FDXXU1CPF4, I am guessing that you are running a later update that it is not compatible with. You can either wait for chainfire to update the root kernel or request an update on his thread, here. Alternatively, you can try something like KingoRoot.

Last edited:

BrickHaver

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
Thank you Ironass,
I will ask chainfire for an update.
If I understand correctly, KingoRoot requires flashing the 6.0.1 (or a lollipop?) stock, so I'd rather try with the correct kernel first if that can save me from restarting the system from scratch.
Cheers

BrickHaver

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
Hello everyone,
I was able to bring my phone back to life by flashing Samsung's
G900FDXXU1CPF4, dated 14.06.2016, to my brick.
(All the apps and app data were still there...)
However, even with this older firmware, I was NOT able to root the phone by using CF-Auto-root,
the same error message popped up when rebooting from recovery after flashing
CF-Auto-Root-klte-klteduosxx-smg900fd.tar.md5.
Best

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone,
I was able to bring my phone back to life by flashing Samsung's
G900FDXXU1CPF4, dated 14.06.2016, to my brick.
(All the apps and app data were still there...)
However, even with this older firmware, I was NOT able to root the phone by using CF-Auto-root,
the same error message popped up when rebooting from recovery after flashing
CF-Auto-Root-klte-klteduosxx-smg900fd.tar.md5.
Best

Install Phone INFO ★Samsung★, free from the Play Store, and see if your bootloader shows PF4 or earlier.

Berriano

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
hi all, just got a sgs5 version g900i(australian) and it automatically updated to G900IDVU1CPL1 which i believe is the very latest firmware. My question is, can this firmware be rooted or is it too soon?preferably through cf auto root,and i see there is an older version which matches the phone specs, but i didnt want to risk without asking. Thanks in advance

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
hi all, just got a sgs5 version g900i(australian) and it automatically updated to G900IDVU1CPL1 which i believe is the very latest firmware. My question is, can this firmware be rooted or is it too soon?preferably through cf auto root,and i see there is an older version which matches the phone specs, but i didnt want to risk without asking. Thanks in advance

Hello and welcome to Android Central Berriano!

Normally, I would say go ahead with chainfire's CF-Auto-Root kernel but on the recent latest releases for the Australian G900i there have been some problems, see post #71 onwards. I think that there may need to be an update for the latest firmwares and you could post a request on his xda developers thread, mentioned in post #1.

Not that I have tried it personally but there is an alternative method of rooting that you could try, called KingoRoot.

Berriano

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
thanks for replying. Yeah, i did read there had been some problems so i sided with caution. I have heard of kingoroot and kingroot but also heard of occasional problems which i didnt want to risk because of the prevously mentioned problems. i might just wait and see what happens with chainfire and future releases. thanks again for ur help

Berriano

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
Im gonna bite the bullet and go the twrp supersu sr3 way.could u tell me how this affects the bootloader as im not sure if mime is locked or not and finding out seems nearly impossible.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Im gonna bite the bullet and go the twrp supersu sr3 way.could u tell me how this affects the bootloader as im not sure if mime is locked or not and finding out seems nearly impossible.

Samsung do not lock their bootloaders by default.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Is it something my carrier vodafone could do? Sorry if its a dumb question, just wanna be ultra sure

I wouldn't have thought so. I know that Vodafone U.K. do not. U.S. carrier models for AT&T and Verizon are locked.

Kenmarn

Feb 8, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

I have an Australian Samsung Galaxy S5 with baseband version G900IDVU1CPL1 and tried SM-G900I (Oceania?): CF-Auto-Root-klte-kltedv-smg900i.zip to root the S5 but when Odin went to reset, it never left the download mode with small writing on top left hand corner.

I tried taking out battery and booting using Power>Volume +>Home buttons to wipe/clear the cache but I couldn't get in repair.

I had to download Australian stock files and flash with Odin so I could get S5 to work again.

Any suggestions, is there a better or correct CF-Auto-Root file for me to use?

Cheerz :) :D ;)

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I have an Australian Samsung Galaxy S5 with baseband version G900IDVU1CPL1 and tried SM-G900I (Oceania?): CF-Auto-Root-klte-kltedv-smg900i.zip to root the S5 but when Odin went to reset, it never left the download mode with small writing on top left hand corner.

I tried taking out battery and booting using Power>Volume +>Home buttons to wipe/clear the cache but I couldn't get in repair.

I had to download Australian stock files and flash with Odin so I could get S5 to work again.

Any suggestions, is there a better or correct CF-Auto-Root file for me to use?

Cheerz :) :D ;)

Hello and welcome to Android Central Kenmarn!

See post #93, above. There seems to be an issue with the G900i models on the latest firmware.

To get yourself up and running, you will need to download and flash the stock Samsung firmware for your model of phone and Product code as per the instructions and video contained in the links of #1.11 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance