So I've had a problem with my battery life and over heating for about 2-3 months now. Not sure what exactly caused it, but I do know that the fixes I've tried were these: Bought a new battery, and it didn't fix anything. Then I did a factory reset, and the new battery still drains as fast as the old one. After the factory reset I left the phone with only Facebook and Instagram on it + the defaults and the battery was draining just as fast. The over heating issue is the worst when the phone is connected to a charger, if I use it while charging it, it's impossible to hold it for more than 10min. Normally it's holdable but I still doubt it's supposed to heat the way it does. All I know is that when I got the phone back in September, I could leave LTE turned on and when I put the phone away and it went into stand by mode, if I left it at 70% battery, it stayed on 70% for an hour. If I do the same now, it'll drain 15-20% within that hour. Are there any other possible fixes for this or is it time for a new phone? The battery as of right now make it useless.
    05-05-2016 10:55 AM
    Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
    2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
    3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
    4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

This can help us see if there is an app that is using an unusually high percentage of battery (which would suggest a rogue app), as well as determining if your cell signal is always poor (which makes the phone work harder to maintain signal, and that causes heat and battery drain).
    05-05-2016 12:18 PM

+ Facebook, instagram and cell stand by 1% each. What doesn't make sense is this covers 44% of the battery while 88% was consumed...

05-05-2016 03:31 PM
    There may be a lot of other processes that don't use much each, but in aggregate add up to make up the balance.

It'd still be helpful to see the other screens I suggested, like your total screen-on time.

Are you actually playing Clash of Kings that much, or is it using up an unusually large proportion of your battery compared to how much you actually play?
    05-05-2016 06:17 PM