I recently bought an unlocked Galaxy s5 sport but the wifi doesn't connect to the Internet or play store or anything even with the wifi well connected. Mobile data also doesn't work. Any help will be well appreciated. I'm in Ghana and use a local carrier(not sprint). But aside these I can use the phone to make calls and send messages.
    05-06-2016 01:48 AM
    I recently bought an unlocked Galaxy s5 sport but the wifi doesn't connect to the Internet or play store or anything even with the wifi well connected. Mobile data also doesn't work. Any help will be well appreciated. I'm in Ghana and use a local carrier(not sprint). But aside these I can use the phone to make calls and send messages.
    Hello and welcome to Android Central knowledge mensah

The Galaxy S5 Sport model, G860P, is a carrier branded phone that is designed to work specifically on the U.S. CDMA network for Sprint and is not fully compatible with the GSM networks in Ghana. Whilst it may be partially compatible with some Ghana carriers, (definitely not Expresso Telecom), on 2G, (for calls/texts) and possibly 3G, (where available), it will not work on 4G. The CDMA phone cannot be, "adapted", to work any further on GSM networks. See, CDMA vs. GSM: What's the Difference?. I would contact your carrier and ask their opinion on using a CDMA model phone on your particular network.

The above has no bearing on why you may not be able to connect to your home Wi-Fi and I can only suggest that you re-boot your Wi-Fi router to see if that helps.
    05-06-2016 04:02 AM
    Thanks but i think other s5 sport phones work well. Mine shows 3G alright but can't access the Internet via mobile data and wifi. I would appreciate more help, please.
    05-06-2016 09:38 AM