05-06-2016 08:37 PM
    Hm. I wonder if it'll have the May security patch. The other Canadian variants have already released MM but with an April security patch. I have the Fido one so I suppose it'll be released on the 25th, too.

I know one thing, they're mad over there on the Rogers forum. S6 not getting MM until summer and still the Note 5, and some other Rogers trinkets way behind on their OS/security patch updates.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5...ard-id/Android

They even called the Ombudsman on Rogers. Heh.

Ah well. I suppose when all else fails, call the government. Yeah, that'll fix things.
    salutcemoi likes this.
    05-06-2016 10:34 PM
    It does seem odd that both Rogers and Fido are conspicuous by their absence.

As I stated in another post, normally ALL the carrier branded, Canadian, G900W8 models are updated at the same time. Perhaps these 2 carriers were dragging their heels and those that were ready, were released and the slow pokes are left to fend for themselves.
    salutcemoi likes this.
    05-07-2016 04:37 AM
    I think it's something to do with the virtual reality thing and their network that they are trying to work out before releasing MM across the board. Rogers bought the Skydome some time ago. Probably some bloatware they want to add to show that place off to sell tickets or whatever. And they're the major cable tv network, too, on top of that.

I mean, they haven't released MM on anything at all as far as the recent models prior to S7.

Rogers is essentially the equivalent of Verizon/AT&T as far as that kind of thing. Of course, Fido is just a branch of Rogers.

If they bloat it up, I'll likely flash a different Canadian variant. I think the Telus one has the least bloat on it. Not sure. Also, I'm wondering about the bands if they differ in any way.

But anyway. I'll figure it out...
    salutcemoi and ironass like this.
    05-07-2016 01:48 PM
    Of course, I keep clicking on that silver International S7 there on Amazon, too. It's nice. There is a chance that I'll click the add to cart tab. A growing chance. Will see.
    05-07-2016 01:56 PM
    I think it's something to do with the virtual reality thing and their network that they are trying to work out before releasing MM across the board. Rogers bought the Skydome some time ago. Probably some bloatware they want to add to show that place off to sell tickets or whatever. And they're the major cable tv network, too, on top of that.

I mean, they haven't released MM on anything at all as far as the recent models prior to S7.

Rogers is essentially the equivalent of Verizon/AT&T as far as that kind of thing. Of course, Fido is just a branch of Rogers.

If they bloat it up, I'll likely flash a different Canadian variant. I think the Telus one has the least bloat on it. Not sure. Also, I'm wondering about the bands if they differ in any way.

But anyway. I'll figure it out...
    Yup they certainly working on adding bloatware

I will probably flash the Telus update via Odin.

Hoping it won't cause any bootloop lol
    05-07-2016 03:49 PM