Files not found on S5 from USB cable connected to Win 10 PC (also MEGA issue)

KarlPrizeGuy

May 7, 2016
Visit site
I have a PC running Windows 10. I have a new S5, unlocked. I plug my usb cable into the phone then the PC. The S5 shows up in my File Explorer, but when I click to open the folder, it either shows nothing or a folder from Verizon. I can see the files, e.g. photos, on the phone so I know they are there. I've tried unplugging and replugging in the usb cable. I set the "how to open this device" to import images and videos. I set on the phone to use MTP.

Note that I also have the problem using MEGA to upload images to the cloud storage. The first time I installed MEGA it uploaded all images from my phone, but now it does not upload any photos, so my guess is that the images are being hidden from other apps and other computers. Help!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you see the photo files on the phone (and they're on the phone, not in the cloud), just drag them to the computer.

If you can see the images on the phone, they're not "hidden from other apps and other computers" - I suspect that you've moved them to the cloud. All that's left on the phone are the equivalent of shortcuts to the cloud files, and you can't copy a file by copying its shortcut. Download the photos to the phone, turn off sync and copy the files to where you want them. (Backing up FROM the computer is better - you have 1 backup on the computer and another one in the cloud.).

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc