Hello! Recently my galaxy s5 has had a screen issue. When i shake the phone, screen turns off (phone and touch work in every situation). When i tap the camera and heart rate sensor area, screen turns off. And when i throw the phone ( not literally throwing it, just moving it fast with my hand), screen turns off. If leave it on a table, sometimes the screen also turns off. Sometimes the screen turns back on if i press the power button in just a few seconds, but sometimes I have to take off the battery. If taking off the battery doesn't work I wait a bit and I put it to charge (usually works). BTW my s5 is an SM G900F. What do you think might be the problem? A loose connection or maybe the whole screen?
    05-08-2016 06:58 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I'd guess a loose connection--that would at least by somewhat easy to check for, either on your own (if you feel like taking the phone apart) or with the help of a repair shop.

Does this happen in Safe Mode as well? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10696
    05-08-2016 12:57 PM
    Update: I left the phone unused for 2 days. Today I turned it on and I pressed on the screen, in the display's connection area (I watched some videos on youtube about the dissasembly of the s5 and I saw where the connector is placed). It seems to be working fine now..just a little laggy...I think it will come back to normal. Hopefully this fix will last. Thanks for replying to my topic.. If the problem reappears I will take the phone to a repair shop. There is still some noise when I shake the phone..but the screen seems fine.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-10-2016 01:44 PM