I just got a replacement for my old Samsung.. since I've had the new one (about a month) it has not connected to LTE.. when it does get internet connection its 3g but before it gets 3g the phone will have an error message that says "unable to establish a wireless dat connection" EHRPD:7
    The 3g will go out and it will take anywhere from a few seconds to hours before it can get it back. I'm usually on wifi when I am at home, but it a hassle for when I'm out. My provider is sprint
    05-18-2016 11:02 PM
    You should have reported this to whomever sent you the phone a month ago and asked for another replacement.
    05-18-2016 11:14 PM
    And it would be good to know where the OP got their replacement from. Their carrier? eBay? Craigslist?
    05-19-2016 06:55 AM
    Not to take the question off topic but I'm reminded of something now that I've read the op's question.

What exactly is the difference between a LTE icon and a 4G icon? Like if I turn my data on it displays a LTE icon whereas others I've seen displays a 4G Icon.
    05-19-2016 07:08 AM
    I believe it's "basically" the same thing (speed wise that is), just depends on what the carrier/phone combination is. Some will show LTE, some will show 4G, I've seen some with 4G+.

4G vs LTE - key differences explained

Standard? We don't need no stinking standard!
    05-19-2016 07:31 AM
    It's all down to marketing BS. A bit like the signal bars on your phone. Totally meaningless trying to compare your signal, using the bars, across different manufacturers phones as there is no industry standard. See video, below.

If you want the bad boy of the Galaxy S5 world and providing your network supports it, you need to go for the Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A model, SM-G901F. It has LTE-A Cat6 300/50 Mbps compared to the international and U.S. phones LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps.

can3gxw likes this.
    05-19-2016 09:38 AM
    What exactly is the difference between a LTE icon and a 4G icon? Like if I turn my data on it displays a LTE icon whereas others I've seen displays a 4G Icon.
    I think the carriers have a choice of which icon they prefer to display. There's an Xposed module called XtouchWiz that let's you choose whichever icon you prefer. I think 4G is a vague term meaning 4th generation, whereas LTE is one of the transmission standards that can be used to bring you 4G service. Then again, if the network is clogged up or the carrier throttles you, LTE could bring you speeds slower than smoke signals.
    05-20-2016 12:20 AM
    I just got a replacement for my old Samsung.. since I've had the new one (about a month) it has not connected to LTE.. when it does get internet connection its 3g but before it gets 3g the phone will have an error message that says "unable to establish a wireless dat connection" EHRPD:7
    The 3g will go out and it will take anywhere from a few seconds to hours before it can get it back. I'm usually on wifi when I am at home, but it a hassle for when I'm out. My provider is sprint
    1) In Settings -> Mobile Networks, make sure Mobile Data is check-marked, and make sure that Network Mode is set to Automatic. If that doesn't solve the problem...
    2) Update your PRLs. If that doesn't solve the problem...
    3) Call Sprint for help. If that doesn't solve the problem...
    4) Return the phone to the seller for a refund.

When WiFi is OFF, if you go into Settings -> About Device -> Status -> what does it say under the following?...
    Signal strength
    Mobile network type
    Service state
    Roaming
    Mobile network state
    05-20-2016 12:39 AM