SM-G900T turns ringtone and media volume down automatically?

tmobilegalaxys5user

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I have a tmobile galaxy s5, just got it. I've searched these forums extensively and found S4 users fixing this problem by turning off a setting that is not present on the S5. If it were just the ringtone volume or just the media volume turning down I could deal with it, but I'm starting to lose it here.

I've tried installing volume control app by neotroken and also disable increasing ring app since I heard that disabling that feature helps in some cases. I install it and then restart the phone, sometimes, these apps just seem to aggravate the problem. It seems to me, in a ridiculous way, that the more I try to stop it, the worse it gets.

I've also tried factory reset and I clear the cache in recovery mode more than twice a day. I also tried rooting phone (tried factory reset before this) and then installing xposed but I'm a noob and soft bricked this phone, luckily I nerded out for a day and was able to flash the stock tmobile rom. Glad to have phone back, but my initial problem remains. Therefore, I think warranty is voided. Additionally, I've turned off car mode and disabled all unnecessary apps and turned off all gestures.

What's most irritating is that most of the time the phone fights with me--I can't just turn it back up, it will keep turning it back down, like there's a little troll behind the screen taunting me. I'll scroll the volume right, it goes right back down. Often the little white rectangle will stay on the screen making it impossible to read or do anything without stressing out over this bs. It usually happens when I open a new app or actually dare to use my phone, other times just randomly. If I dont open the screen and leave the phone alone, such as overnight, the setting I last had will remain, and so it only does this when I am using phone.Just now my ringer was one but the phone turned it to vibrate . . . soon it will turn it to silent.

If I use pandora, facebook, YouTube or anything with sound, the media volume turns itself down, with and without headphones plugged in.

Anyone have same problem? I'm hoping marshmallow android update fixes this, but since we don't know when tmobile will release I can't wait nor can I bet on that fixing it.

Please help! I'm going nuts!