I bought my Galaxy S5 in September last year. Yesterday I noticed that the screen flickers whenever it goes on or off. It only seems to happen when the phone has been switched on for several hours. I have posted a very brief video on Youtube showing what happens:

I tried switching on the phone in safe mode, and it still happened, which suggests it may not be a software issue. Has anyone seen something similar? What would you recommend to fix it?

Thanks in advance.
    05-22-2016 04:57 AM
    Try setting the brightness as low as it will go. Does it make it worse? My phone does the same thing and is progressively getting worse. There are plenty of other threads describing the same issue, unfortunately. I'm not aware of a fix.
    05-22-2016 08:13 AM
    same thing here , i guess its just probably a flaw in the s5

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-22-2016 11:41 AM
    I tried lowering the brightness and indeed, it does make it worse. At first the flickering was no longer there, but then it started happening most of the time, rather than just when turning the screen on or off (now it's less noticeable however).

Do you also notice that it disappears for a while after you turn the phone off and back on?
    05-22-2016 12:39 PM
    Do you also notice that it disappears for a while after you turn the phone off and back on?
    Specifically, I've noticed that a decrease in ambient (room) temperature will affect it considerably (the colder it is, the worse it gets). I haven't any technical knowledge when it comes to these phones; I can just share my observations. If I use it more, and it's generally a warmer day, it performs slightly better, FWIW. That might sound weird, but it's true.
    05-22-2016 01:05 PM