After a recent update (marshmallow I think) my samsung s5 freezes. I have to take out the battery out each time to get it working. Can anyone help ?
    05-24-2016 10:30 AM
    Hi, try booting the phone into safe mode - if this resolves the issue then the freezing is being caused by a 3rd party app you have installed. It might also be worth while performing a factory reset on the device after you have updated the software. If you do, make sure you back your data up as it'll be wiped clear during the reset process.
    Hi, try booting the phone into safe mode - if this resolves the issue then the freezing is being caused by a 3rd party app you have installed. It might also be worth while performing a factory reset on the device after you have updated the software. If you do, make sure you back your data up as it'll be wiped clear during the reset process.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-24-2016 10:34 AM
    The phone has already been reset by my local samsung phone shop (cost £15.00) but the same problem exists. Previous to this update I have had no issues
    05-24-2016 11:04 AM
    When the shop did the reset (which, BTW you can do yourself without paying someone else to do it for you), did your phone automatically reinstall all of your previous apps? As the tall guy states, the freezing is most likely due to one of your apps. Please follow his instructions (boot into safe mode) to see if the freezing goes away. If it does, then start uninstalling your apps until you find the one that is causing the freezing.

By default, Android will restore ALL of your apps when you sign into a new phone or set one up after you have done a factory reset. You don't want it to do this because it will only reinstall the app that's causing you the problems.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-25-2016 10:46 AM
    When the shop did the reset (which, BTW you can do yourself without paying someone else to do it for you), did your phone automatically reinstall all of your previous apps? As the tall guy states, the freezing is most likely due to one of your apps. Please follow his instructions (boot into safe mode) to see if the freezing goes away. If it does, then start uninstalling your apps until you find the one that is causing the freezing.

By default, Android will restore ALL of your apps when you sign into a new phone or set one up after you have done a factory reset. You don't want it to do this because it will only reinstall the app that's causing you the problems.
    Thanks for reply can3gxw. The phone did not reinstall all of the apps automatically I had a back up and restored from the backup (Smart Switch). I have had the phone in safe mode for a couple of hours without the issue so it looks like one of the apps is causing the issue. I am in the process of doing what you said and uninstalling apps until I find the culprit app. Thanks again..
    can3gxw likes this.
    05-26-2016 04:52 AM