Verizon Galaxy Update

NosmoKing116

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Hope it goes back to Kit Kat!

my guess is security patch. I followed the link, then clicked on the specific link for the S5
Samsung Galaxy S 5 Software Update | Verizon Wireless

it says:
Current Software Update Benefits
Software Version: LRX21T.G900VVRU2BPB1

The current software update gives you the most up to date Android™ security patch on your device.

better than nothing right?

That's the current version with the February security patch

Last edited by a moderator:

Buickman

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
It's Marshmallow, a Co worker just received it on his phone. Also added WiFi calling.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 60727.jpg
    60727.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 396

MP5_ForTheWin

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Virginia. It popped up about 5pm EST as available.... I went ahead and took the update.... and wow is it faster... camera and basic phone is so much faster... haven't found any issues yet... but it's still early.... I have a personal s5 and a work s5 and my personal got the update and my work one doesn't have it available.... both are in the same area code...

Btw... right after the upgrade it did put the phone in "cool down" mode.... which I've never seen outside of a heavy game before(sitting in the sun).... so I turned the phone off for 30 mins and then let it boot up and it's been fine since. I have a magpul bump case that I think was holding in the heat... now it seems fine... so much more responsive overall...

Screenshot_2016-05-27-21-27-11.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jims S5

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
Did you do the "check for updates" from phone or a different way? I have the Verizon V series and it says it is up to date....but not MM.

MP5_ForTheWin

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
The phone did it automatically... it just popped up and said software available... little over 1gb in size. I have two S5s and only one has it available.... so obviously this slow releasing.

Silent Patriot

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Checking every couple hours between phone, Kies 3, and Smart Switch (just installed last night) where I found and checked the pre-download update option but nothing yet.

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I got an update for my Sprint version. Looks like the security update for May as well as a fix for some wifi stuff. But we have had 6.0.1 for months now.

Posted via the AC App Flicked on the BlackBerry Keyboard with my S5.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance