11-06-2016 02:34 PM
91 ... 234
tools
    My battery is shot by noon. Use to last all day until at least 5. During a work day. What the heck.

Posted via the Android Central App

Did you do a factory reset? I did and battery life has been great. After updating there were all kinds of apps just stuck in limbo (wont update, caused errors, etc) but all that went away with the three finger salute.
    06-03-2016 10:51 AM
    WiFi calling still doesn't work for pre-paid accounts. T-Mobile does. Cut the crap, Verizon!
    yea! I tried testing WiFi calling to my OOMA phone and I got a message indicating "this line" or "the number you are calling does not support WiFi calling......" WTH is this all about?
    06-03-2016 02:26 PM
    Did you do a factory reset? I did and battery life has been great. After updating there were all kinds of apps just stuck in limbo (wont update, caused errors, etc) but all that went away with the three finger salute.
    1st step would be to wipe your partition cache
    2nd step if that fails is a factory reset.

Are you using an OEM battery? I tried a 3rd party battery once - it was no where near as good as OEM. Spend the $12 on OEM, its worth it.
    06-03-2016 03:24 PM
    I'm hoping the update will be available soon on Software Upgrade Assistant, Kies, or Smart Switch.
    Got the update this evening using Software Upgrade Assistant. I haven't done a wipe and factory reset yet.
    06-03-2016 10:51 PM
    Got the update this evening using Software Upgrade Assistant. I haven't done a wipe and factory reset yet.
    I don't feel like my phone was worse after the update, but I factory reset because it was time to clean house and start from scratch. That may be why my phone feels so much snappier now, but I genuinely believe the new OS made a lot of performance improvements. I'm not seeing much in the way of enhanced features outside of Wifi calling/texting.
    shadowsjc likes this.
    06-04-2016 01:35 AM
    Is it possible to downgrade to lollipop? My battery drains about 20-25% quicker than it use to on this marshmallow update.

I ask because I know verizon has made it harder or impossible to do so in the past. The lollipop to kitkat on the G900V for example.
    06-04-2016 07:35 AM
    Mine is noticeably faster and cooler even without factory reset. There are two features I've read about but can find - ram manager and lock screen access to Google now. Anyone?
    BlurryEyed likes this.
    06-04-2016 08:51 AM
    Also a question about doze. Do I need to disable it for apps I want to get notifications always, like my email and text apps?
    06-04-2016 08:56 AM
    Is it possible to downgrade to lollipop? My battery drains about 20-25% quicker than it use to on this marshmallow update.

I ask because I know verizon has made it harder or impossible to do so in the past. The lollipop to kitkat on the G900V for example.
    If you haven't factory reset your phone since updating, you should probably backup everything and do so now...it will take a week after updating for all the cache files to be redrawn and things to settle in before you will be able to get a handle on actual battery life.

Posted via the Android Central App
    BlurryEyed and Tritonemusic like this.
    06-04-2016 09:11 AM
    Did Verizon exclude the new memory manager from this update? I can't find it. It's supposed to be under Settings > Memory.
    06-04-2016 09:17 AM
    Hi. I just installed the update after seeing it available for a few days. Now my S5 has a Lock Screen on it and I cannot get in. Anyway to disable or figure out what it set my lock screen to?
    06-07-2016 09:03 AM
    Hi. I just installed the update after seeing it available for a few days. Now my S5 has a Lock Screen on it and I cannot get in. Anyway to disable or figure out what it set my lock screen to?
    Have you tried unlocking via Samsung's find my phone?

https://findmymobile.samsung.com/
    06-07-2016 01:27 PM
    Did the update to MM a few days ago and all is well. I did a partition cache wipe before update and after update. Phone is snappier and runs cooler even without factory reset. Battery life much better than before update. I can now go 2 days with moderate usage before needing to recharge.
    07-03-2016 11:31 PM
    I have the same problem and so far have not found a solution.
    07-04-2016 10:57 AM
    I have the same problem and so far have not found a solution.
    What problem?
    07-06-2016 03:46 PM
    I have an S4 and VA issued Resound hearing aids with a SMART app that allows me to customize the settings with my phone. But they say that it's optimized for Marshmallow and I really could use 1)the speech algorithms enhancements and 2)a rooted phone and 3)what I read as a superior audio listening performance with the S5 that might influence the above. Any suggestions or ideas? It seems the model S4 I have can't get Marshmallow, do I dare try rooting it?
    11-06-2016 02:34 PM
91 ... 234