Sim Lock Question

rokemsokem

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Do I have to get a special code from my carrier in order to use the sim lock feature on my S5? Reason I ask is because I tried to set up a sim lock pin in the security menue of the device an apprently it only gives me 3 attempts before locking me out of my sim.

So, I didn't know this. I thought I could just create my own pin. I tried that twice and both times it told me that the pin was incorrect. So, then, I only have 1 attempt left before the bot locks me out.

I've never set up a pin on it so that's why I'm thinking I have to get one from my carrier? That's kind of dumb if that's what I have to do. Is that what I have to do? Seems like I should be able to just create my own pin. You know?

Thanks for help.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Also, the PIN and the PUK codes can be found on the original frame that came with your SIM card. If you have lost it try first asking your carrier for assistance.

rokemsokem

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site

rokemsokem

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Also, the PIN and the PUK codes can be found on the original frame that came with your SIM card. If you have lost it try first asking your carrier for assistance.

Hm. Yeah, I do still have the original SIM frame. I'll have to check it out and see if it's on there some place.

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL