Call Recorder For Marshmallow S5 ???

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Anyone found a call recorder that works 'correctly' after the v6 update?
I really need this app!

Most won't your provider doesn't allow calls to be recorded. Only via Speaker phone usually.
The new update has probably set that in stone

chirantha7777

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
This issue effects the the international variant as well so no, this has NOTHING to do with provider but the fact that Samsung is making a mess of almost every situation.

See my post on issue of of S5 Marshmallow update : http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...rible-marshmallow-update-s5-bug-top-bugs.html

Well, I can tell you that it's blocked 100% via my provider in Canada due to the LAW. I personally have no issues what so ever with the Marshmallow update on my Galaxy S6. And before you start blaming this on a BUG from Samsung you may want to look into your local law regarding recording phone calls without getting consent to do so

chirantha7777

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
Well, I can tell you that it's blocked 100% via my provider in Canada due to the LAW. I personally have no issues what so ever with the Marshmallow update on my Galaxy S6. And before you start blaming this on a BUG from Samsung you may want to look into your local law regarding recording phone calls without getting consent to do so

Dude, Europe Variant meaning 900F models are not subjected to Canadian law.

EU Law on call recording dictates the following and Call Recording IS NOT prohibited.
Capture telephone threat – Seems that consent may not be needed when recording the actual threat. This is a matter of Art. 7 (f) where it has to be decided which interest is the greater.

Criminal investigations/collect evidence – According to what has been mentioned above there seems to be a possibility within the member states to record calls without the consent of the data subject.

Also call recording via the Java Native method works, but its a hit and a miss BECAUSE of the bug in the ROM of the 900F models. Dude seriously, stop defending Samsung developers, they did the same mess up with ICS in the Galaxy S2 i9100. It was not until Jelly Bean they fixed the issue.

This is what Boldbeast had to say, there app being one of the only ones functioning through the Java Native method.

Hi,

1. Cannot record calls sometimes.

What's the problem?
There is a bug inside the ROM of your phone - the built-in MediaServer works unstable.

How do we know it?
We checked your log files and several other user's log files, so we know it.

How to know it's true?
No matter what call recorder you are using, the result is the same - sometimes the ROM fails to record calls.

What does Boldbeast Recorder do when the ROM fails to record calls?
When the ROM fails to record calls Boldbeast Recorder tries at most 20 times to restart recording, if it still fails the app gives up.

How to fix the problem?
Third-party apps can't fix it. Users have to wait the manufacturer to fix it in future ROM updates.

chirantha7777

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
So now im wondering whether to try a roll back to lollipop, or wait and HOPE theres a patch. What do you lot think?

If you are dependent on call recording like me, yes your only option would be to roll back. But remember you will lose all your phones data. There is a difference in the boot-loader so once you flash the old firmware you need to wipe the phone through Recovery to get it running. There is always the risk that you will brick your phone if you flash the wrong firmware. So be sure you to match.

abk16

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site
As mentioned on this other thread:
I found 1 that works but it does not pop up with a notification of new call recording, If you are interested try Call Recorder - ACR by NLL but if you come across another app please let me know.
I can confirm this app seems to work with my SM-G900F with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update. Also, the free version has decent enough features to be usable without having to buy the full. I have yet to reliably test it, but it seems alright so far.

Tritonemusic

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
As mentioned on this other thread:

I can confirm this app seems to work with my SM-G900F with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update. Also, the free version has decent enough features to be usable without having to buy the full. I have yet to reliably test it, but it seems alright so far.

Works for me, too. I'm on Verizon. I eventually updated to the paid version when it was on sale for 99 cents.

420lyfe

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
Before you start recording
According to Art. 6 (1) of the Directive 95/46/EC Member States must provide that personal data must be processed fairly and lawfully; collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further process in a way incompatible with those purposes. With the appropriate safeguards historical, statistical or scientific purposes shall not be considered as incompatible. The processing must be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purposes for which they are collected and/or further processed. The data must also be accurate and kept up to date and kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data were collected or for which they are further processed.
Art. 7 of the Directive states that Member States shall provide that personal data may only be processed if
a) the data subject has unambiguously given his consent
b) processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract
c) processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is the subject
d) processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject
e) processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller or in a third party to whom the data are disclosed
f) processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by the third party or parties to whom the data are disclosed, except where such interests are overridden by the interests for fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of the fundamental rights and freedoms of natural persons, and in particular their rights to privacy with respect to the processing of personal data.
The Member States are according to Art.8 (1) prohibited of processing personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, and the processing of data concerning health and sex life. In Art. 8 (2) follows the exceptions to 8 (1). The exceptions are when the data subject has given his explicit consent to the processing of those data, when processing is necessary for the purposes of carrying out the obligations and specific rights of the controller, processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another person where the data subject is physically or legally incapable of giving his consent.
One should also bear in mind that the data subject has the right of access to data, according to Art. 12. The data subject has also the right to object to the processing of data in some cases (Art. 14)
Another important matter is the security of processing. According to Art. 17 of the Directive the controller must implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access in particular where the processing involves transmission of data over a network, and against all other unlawful forms of processing.
The Directive also contains an article on liability, which states that the data subject which have suffered any damage as a result of an unlawful processing operation or of any act incompatible with the national provisions adopted pursuant to this directive is entitled to receive compensation.

Examples of recording applications
The following is a run-through of some of the different areas of call recording applications in the light of the data subjects need to give his or hers consent.
Legal compliance – According to the Directive 2002/58/EC preamble 23, where necessary and legally authorized, communications can be recorded for the purpose of providing evidence of a commercial transaction. Parties should be informed prior to the recording about the recording, its purpose and the duration of its storage. The recorded communication should be erased as soon as possible and in any case at the latest by the end of the period during which the transaction can be lawfully challenged. Consent is not needed.
Voice Contracts – Considering the strong need for consent from the data subject in general. The recording of voice contracts’ must need the data subject’s consent.
Data verification – The fact that it is stored only for a short time does not change that there will be a need to have the data subject’s consent, unless the verification is regarded as an exception.
Quality assurance – consent will be needed.
Best Practice Training – consent will be needed
Settle customer complaints – In regard of 7 (f) must be decided whether the data subject’s integrity or the company’s interest in recording the calls is greater.
Legally protect – consent shall not be needed
Criminal investigations/collect evidence – According to what has been mentioned above there seems to be a possibility within the member states to record calls without the consent of the data subject.
Capture telephone threat – Seems that consent may not be needed when recording the actual threat. This is a matter of Art. 7 (f) where it has to be decided which interest is the greater.

420lyfe

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
So in short... no its not legal to call record everyone or most people and store it in your phone for God knows how long for what reason and why. Now that all isn't any of my business but it's just what the law states and seems to protect each and do every individual the same way.

FYI what is mentioned above is the European law.

chirantha7777

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
Before you start recording
According to Art. 6 (1) of the Directive 95/46/EC Member States must provide that personal data must be processed fairly and lawfully; collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further process in a way incompatible with those purposes. With the appropriate safeguards historical, statistical or scientific purposes shall not be considered as incompatible. The processing must be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purposes for which they are collected and/or further processed. The data must also be accurate and kept up to date and kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data were collected or for which they are further processed.
Art. 7 of the Directive states that Member States shall provide that personal data may only be processed if
a) the data subject has unambiguously given his consent
b) processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract
c) processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is the subject
d) processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject
e) processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller or in a third party to whom the data are disclosed
f) processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by the third party or parties to whom the data are disclosed, except where such interests are overridden by the interests for fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of the fundamental rights and freedoms of natural persons, and in particular their rights to privacy with respect to the processing of personal data.
The Member States are according to Art.8 (1) prohibited of processing personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, and the processing of data concerning health and sex life. In Art. 8 (2) follows the exceptions to 8 (1). The exceptions are when the data subject has given his explicit consent to the processing of those data, when processing is necessary for the purposes of carrying out the obligations and specific rights of the controller, processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another person where the data subject is physically or legally incapable of giving his consent.
One should also bear in mind that the data subject has the right of access to data, according to Art. 12. The data subject has also the right to object to the processing of data in some cases (Art. 14)
Another important matter is the security of processing. According to Art. 17 of the Directive the controller must implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access in particular where the processing involves transmission of data over a network, and against all other unlawful forms of processing.
The Directive also contains an article on liability, which states that the data subject which have suffered any damage as a result of an unlawful processing operation or of any act incompatible with the national provisions adopted pursuant to this directive is entitled to receive compensation.

Examples of recording applications
The following is a run-through of some of the different areas of call recording applications in the light of the data subjects need to give his or hers consent.
Legal compliance – According to the Directive 2002/58/EC preamble 23, where necessary and legally authorized, communications can be recorded for the purpose of providing evidence of a commercial transaction. Parties should be informed prior to the recording about the recording, its purpose and the duration of its storage. The recorded communication should be erased as soon as possible and in any case at the latest by the end of the period during which the transaction can be lawfully challenged. Consent is not needed.
Voice Contracts – Considering the strong need for consent from the data subject in general. The recording of voice contracts’ must need the data subject’s consent.
Data verification – The fact that it is stored only for a short time does not change that there will be a need to have the data subject’s consent, unless the verification is regarded as an exception.
Quality assurance – consent will be needed.
Best Practice Training – consent will be needed
Settle customer complaints – In regard of 7 (f) must be decided whether the data subject’s integrity or the company’s interest in recording the calls is greater.

Its not illegal FYI.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm