Samsung s5, when I try and charge phone, it says danger, that devise does not recognize charger and that phone will stop charging and I should use the original charger but it does not matter which charger I use they all give same message and will not charge my phone. could this be a charging port problem or is it a software isse, etc.
    06-04-2016 05:49 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you actually using the original charging cable and plug?
    06-04-2016 06:14 PM
    I know I'm hijacking this person's thread, but my issue is identical. I only have
    one charging cord - the original Samsung cord that came with the phone.
    All of a sudden, today it was "unrecognized" and kept turning itself off. I'm getting
    a new phone in a month or two and I'm not going to buy another crappy Samsung
    cable - or another cable, period. I'm tired of the cell phone companies gouging us
    for all these different cables with each new phone we get. That is just a way to get
    our money, and they should be ashamed of themselves. It's downright unethical. We
    all know they could make one cable for all cellphones, but that would be too logical,
    I guess.
    Anyway, any clues as to why my cable all of sudden seems to be shorting out or
    something?
    06-04-2016 06:46 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Make sure the port is clear of debris--use a can of compressed air to blow it out. If it's pretty clean, then the port might need replacing. It may not necessarily be a ploy by the manufacturer to sell more cables--it might just be a faulty component.
    06-05-2016 01:06 AM