Audio stops/pauses every 5-10 min

gwenakinyi

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
I've got the Galaxy S5 on Verizon, and I have a problem with audio stopping play every 5-10 minutes. Doesn't matter which audio app--Audible, Podcast Republic, Music player, Pandora, etc; doesn't matter if it's played from my library or streaming; doesn't matter if I'm playing from speakerphone, headset, or bluetooth. This has been going on for about a year, and gets worse with every new system upgrade. I updated to Marshmallow 6.0.1 earlier this week, and now audio stops every 3-4 min. This is very annoying while running. I've tried clearing the cache a dozen times, and two factory resets. I've tried freeing up internal storage space so there's at least 4 GB free. Nothing has solved the problem. Ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! In that case, some app you installed might be causing the problem. If you have a battery/power saver app installed, try uninstalling it. Otherwise, you may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away. Unfortunately, it can be difficult sometimes to pinpoint a culprit app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos