I have been struggling all day today with my S5 after the Marshmallow update from Verizon.

In trying to fix the issue I uninstalled and disabled Message+, wiped the cache partition, and did a factory reset and uninstalled or disabled most 3-party apps, but still have the following issues:
    1) When I use the Power Saving mode it keeps coming on and off every few seconds. The screen lights up a bit when the Power Saving mode is off (the battery icon on the top left disappears), and becomes a bit darker again when it comes back on and the battery icon reappears. Even when the battery icon disappears in the Settings the Power Saving mode is still showing as "On". Not only this is annoying, it drains the battery.

2) When I push the power button to turn off the screen it keeps waking up every few seconds. Again, it's annoying and it drains the battery. This issue was reported by others and the main suggestion was to disable the Message+ app which I did.

None of this was happening before the Marshmallow update. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    06-04-2016 10:41 PM