Hello everyone,

I have a bog standard Galaxy S5 on Three UK, and I got the Marshmellow upgrade Android 6 a couple of weeks ago.

Now, here's the weird thing. For many months, my phone has had the "flickering green screen when the brightness" is low problem and it's been getting gradually worse and so I relented and sent it off to Samsung (very good service, back within a week) and when it came back.... factory reset back to Android 5.

Now, when I try and do an upgrade, it says the latest version of Android is already installed, and I don't get Android 6.

So, if I keep checking for the upgrade, will it eventually work (don't mind waiting a few days) or is something borked?
    06-06-2016 03:11 PM
    Hello everyone,

I have a bog standard Galaxy S5 on Three UK, and I got the Marshmellow upgrade Android 6 a couple of weeks ago.

Now, here's the weird thing. For many months, my phone has had the "flickering green screen when the brightness" is low problem and it's been getting gradually worse and so I relented and sent it off to Samsung (very good service, back within a week) and when it came back.... factory reset back to Android 5.

Now, when I try and do an upgrade, it says the latest version of Android is already installed, and I don't get Android 6.

So, if I keep checking for the upgrade, will it eventually work (don't mind waiting a few days) or is something borked?
    Hello and welcome to Android Central bartstope!

Glad that Samsung sorted out your original problem for you. You may need to wait a few days for the Three U.K. firmware to be pushed to your phone, (providing that they did not flash a generic firmware in the repair process). The best thing to do is to keep re-booting your phone.

Alternatively, you can download the latest stock Samsung firmware for Three U.K., see below, and flash it to your phone by using Odin and following the instructions and viseo in the links of #1.11 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

Model SM-G900F
    Model name GALAXY S5
    Country United Kingdom (H3G)
    Version Android 6.0.1
    Changelist 7182592
    Build date Tue, 05 Apr 2016 06:40:19 +0000
    Security Patch Level 2016-04-02
    Product code H3G
    PDA G900FXXU1CPD3
    CSC G900FH3G1CPC2
    can3gxw likes this.
    06-06-2016 04:05 PM