Looking to mirror TV screen to phone. Any suggestions?

Luchipboo

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site
Looking to mirror TV screen to phone.

I have a Samsung Smart tv & a Galaxy S5.
I used to be able to mirror my tv to my phone using the SMARTVIEW 2.0 app.
But with the Verizon Marshmallow update - that app will no longer open. Samsung has confirmed the issue.
I have seen many options on how to mirror the phone to the tv, but I am looking to do the opposite.
I use my phone as a mini TV in my kitchen.
Any suggestions?

Thank you.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Re: Looking to mirror TV screen to phone.

Not that this will help, but I have the SmartView app on my Galaxy S7 & it connects to my Samsung Smart TV, but it will not reverse & go from TV to phone (I just tried). I also tried going in through the Smart Hub to attempt a 'backwards link, but it only gives options for Phone to TV, nothing for the reverse.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I think you might just need to wait for Samsung to update the app. HOWEVER you might have some other options for viewing TV content on the phone. Maybe your cable or satellite provider has an app? Usually the channel selection is more limited or might JUST be VOD (Video on Demand) BUT it's better than nothing. Plus many channels these days have their own apps SOME with live feeds of the channel. :)

svfelipesv

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site

I have a Samsung Smart tv & a Galaxy S5.
I used to be able to mirror my tv to my phone using the SMARTVIEW 2.0 app.
But with the Verizon Marshmallow update - that app will no longer open. Samsung has confirmed the issue.
I have seen many options on how to mirror the phone to the tv, but I am looking to do the opposite.
I use my phone as a mini TV in my kitchen.
Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Now, if you have a Samsung smart tv J series, on the mirror menu at your phone you can mirror phone to tv or tv to phone.

smartview

Apr 10, 2017
Visit site

If your smart TV supports Miracast source, (Maybe it support since 2016(2015?) smart tv model)
you can see the tv screen on your s5 using "Quick connect".
(It's located in quick pannel.)

1. open quick connect
2. click your smart TV in the searching list
3. click "TV to mobile device" menu and wait a moment
4. enjoy tv on your phone~

pamarakos

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site

Hi
After smartview failed running on android 6 and 7, this option also doesn't work, it only gives option to mirror my phone screen to tv or cast videos/photos to tv. Where is this option?

vimnash

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
The method is definitely there because i accidentally stumbled upon it when i was mirroring my smartphone to tv via the smartview option on the phone and selecting screen mirroring on tv. There happened to be an option on my phone to view the tv screen on phone. I disconnected mirroring and tried it again and failed and have been trying to figure out how i stumbled on it. Im using a galaxy note 8 and haven't updated the software to try and figure out what happened although i have the update notification for over a month now. The tv is a UA55J6300. Is that the j series

Vandervegt

Oct 10, 2018
Visit site
I just figured it out but you have to do it with the Samsung smart things app. Sorry for the Dutch language in the screenshots

Attachments

• 20181010_193116.jpg
    20181010_193116.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20181010_193131.jpg
    20181010_193131.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 3

vjmedina

Apr 22, 2022
Visit site
I know this is an old thread, but I have the exact same problem even today, years later. Did you manage to figure out how to do this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2