Can I get some help with flashing my firmware?

A

AC Question

Help with flashing firmware.

I am helping a friend with his phone. His S5 stopped booting up normally and after many attempts to fix the problem without flashing, it still does not boot properly. I downloaded odin 3.11, the samsung driver, and the proper firmware. I put the device in download mode and plugged it in to my windows 10 computer, but it will not recognize the device. I have tried deleting the samsung drive and reinstalling it. I have tried using Keis. No luck. Any help would be appreciated on how to get my computer to recognize my device. Thank you in advance.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Help with flashing firmware.

I am helping a friend with his phone. His S5 stopped booting up normally and after many attempts to fix the problem without flashing, it still does not boot properly. I downloaded odin 3.11, the samsung driver, and the proper firmware. I put the device in download mode and plugged it in to my windows 10 computer, but it will not recognize the device. I have tried deleting the samsung drive and reinstalling it. I have tried using Keis. No luck. Any help would be appreciated on how to get my computer to recognize my device. Thank you in advance.

Have you tried an older version of Odin? I just used Odin 3.10.7 and i was able to reflash my Note 5.

combat82

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site

Does the phone say it's connected to USB? After the 6.0 update you have to pull down the status bar and click where it says connected to USB and select MTP because it's set as charge only by default

Posted via the Android Central App

anikek

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site

Does the phone say it's connected to USB? After the 6.0 update you have to pull down the status bar and click where it says connected to USB and select MTP because it's set as charge only by default

The phone will not load the the firmware. It comes to the downloading screen automatically. But my computer won't let the phone connect

combat82

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
And you're sure the cable you are using is a sync and charge cable and not just for charging? Some cables only have the red and black wires inside which are used for charging and the green and white are for data transfer

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay