So I filed a complaint against US Cellular to the FCC...

combat82

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Just as the title says yesterday I filed a formal complaint with the FCC. I couldn't figure out how in the world I could have possibly went through my prepaid plans 5GB of data in less than 14 days when most of my app downloads were done over wifi, then after doing a factory reset I noticed an app called "Mobile Services Manager", which is a pre-installed app that can not be seen in the app drawer was silently running as a background process and just in the 5 hours after the reset when I finally noticed it in the data usage settings had used almost 200 MB of my data without my knowledge. If it used that much data in that short amount of time I can only imagine what it had used prior to the factory reset but I would have to guess it would be in the neighborhood of 2-3GB because my phone is almost always on even when charging. FCC sent an email today saying USC will likely try to contact me to resolve the issue but we'll see.

Anyone else reported something similar before and have luck?

Posted via the Android Central App

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
PS: I expect that USC will say that you are not charged for the data consumed by Mobile Services Manager...

combat82

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Yep I had read that's what it does and it does so without warning the user of the data usage. I've disabled it once I saw how much data it had used.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks