modem/cell radio likely battery drain cause

combat82

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I've been paying A LOT of attention to my battery the last week or so and even with ultra power saving on with the screen off, my battery still loses around 3-4% of battery every hour. Now with power saving completely turned off and airplane mode turned on, my phone will lose 1-2% of battery overnight while I sleep which is anywhere between 6-8 hours.

Posted via the Android Central App

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I've been paying A LOT of attention to my battery the last week or so and even with ultra power saving on with the screen off, my battery still loses around 3-4% of battery every hour. Now with power saving completely turned off and airplane mode turned on, my phone will lose 1-2% of battery overnight while I sleep which is anywhere between 6-8 hours.

Posted via the Android Central App

Be careful that you are not making 2+2 = 5.

By that I mean that if you have a carrier branded phone, your modem/radio that sends and receives calls and data, is designed specifically by your carrier for their network. If you turn it off, it just means that all those apps that were using that function can no longer do so. Thus cutting down on the battery drain and giving the impression that it is the cause of the modem. What you should be doing is running your phone in Safe Mode overnight, which disables the user apps, to determine whether it is the OS or your own user apps and settings that are causing the issue. See, S5 Update Problems - Dummies Guide. Also see in Settings > About device > Status... if you have a high -dBm and a low asu reading as this indicates a poor signal and causes a battery drain.