Screen Mirroring Not Working After Marshmallow Update on Galaxy S5, any fixes?

A

AC Question

Screen Mirroring Not Working After Marshmallow Update on Galaxy S5

I Recently updated both of my Galaxy S5s to marshmallow. Screen Mirroring worked fine prior to the update. Now it's not working on both phones. The TV is an LG Smart TV and after trying to connect via screen mirroring, the tv says "Unable to connect with screen share. Try again". I already tried wiping the cache and a patch on google play that doesn't work. Does anyone know of a fix for this problem? Thank you for your help!

Eugenes DIY Den

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same problem on a Galaxy Tab A after an update in the last few days. The play store has a Screen Mirroring patch which is supposed to resolve problems after OS updates. Haven't tried it yet though and it hasn't been updated since 2014, so I don't want to compound the problem. Will do some more surfing and see what others recommend and report back!

Eugenes DIY Den

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
I tried wiping the cache which was suggested on another forum, this didn't work. The patch didn't work either. I'm getting the run around from Sony and Samsung. Neither of them can suggest a solution, except make sure software is updated.
The mirroring function is now called "Smart View" on the pull down menu. Can't remember what it was called before. Samsung's app for connecting to a Samsung TV is called Smartview, so I wonder are they they only supporting their own TVs?

Bob40

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Also can't connect to my screenbeam mini2 after the update. Called actiontec and they told me it was a samsung issue and that I should call them to find out what settings needed to be changed to cast my S5 screen. I have no problems connecting to samsung tv's that have screen mirroring built in. I'm beginning to think Samsung did this on purpose.

Bruce Carouthers II

Jul 30, 2016
Visit site
Re: Screen Mirroring Not Working After Marshmallow Update on Galaxy S5

I Recently updated both of my Galaxy S5s to marshmallow. Screen Mirroring worked fine prior to the update. Now it's not working on both phones. The TV is an LG Smart TV and after trying to connect via screen mirroring, the tv says "Unable to connect with screen share. Try again". I already tried wiping the cache and a patch on google play that doesn't work. Does anyone know of a fix for this problem? Thank you for your help!

I'm kinda glad I'm not the oniy one. I'll be looking for a cure as well

HatTrick42

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy s5 with marshmallow cannot connect to ScreenBeam Mini 2. However, OnePlus 2 with marshmallow can connect. Hopefully next update will restore the feature.

Romany1067

Feb 8, 2017
Visit site
Hi I am a Newby but I have found a work around that I don't think anybody haw thought of AND IT WORKS on s5 with most tvs
Turn on yor tv wireless connection wait 30 seconds press. Press quick connect on s5. Watch the tv screen after about 30 seconds go to wifi keep your finger on the icon you will see smart switch. In the top right corner you will see 3 dots press and then press wifi direct wait for your tv name to come up pess then HEY PRESTO
a bit long windex but it works
TRY IT

Aartist

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
Try uninstalling Allcast if you have it, or if not try uninstalling any other casting apps that you may have. It fixed my Note 4 instantly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2