Downloading The Original Firmware Onto My Samsung Galaxy S5?

RedeemedAndFree

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
So long story short, I accidentally deleted all my photos before they were fully backed up, so then I tried to root my phone without a computer, but when I tried to reboot my phone, it got stuck in a bootloop and won't go pass the opening screen where it shows my carrier T-Mobile. I heard that if I download the original firmware of my phone, I can possibly reset my phone back to normal. I went to SamMobile and typed in my model number under Firmware, but there are several build versions/versions of my phone. How do I find out what my version is even though my phone is stuck in a bootloop? My model number is SMG900T, my Carrier is T-Mobile, my Country is US. This happened to my phone in May. Do phones automatically update the firmware once there is a new version out?

Please help! I don't want to download the wrong firmware onto my phone, and to get a new phone I have to pay off my old one and buy a whole new one. I would like to try downloading before I factory reset.

Thank you!

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central Forums!

You were most likely in the right ball park....

Firmware for Samsung SM-G900T - SamMobile

You should be able to flash any of those since they are all for the T-Mobile S5. Since you mentioned that your last update was in May, I would download the one marked 5.1.1 from May 23, or just go straight for Marshmallow 6.0.1 since it will be presented to you anyway once you're back up and running.

You will want to use a computer though, and flash this using ODIN.

Good luck!

RedeemedAndFree

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
It worked! I downloaded Marshmallow 6.0.1 and now my phone is back to normal! Thank you so much! You gave better advice than an actual android guy who is specified in Androids.