Can I flash the T-Mobile rom on my Verizon galaxy S5?

brcjacks

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I recently switched to t-mobile from Verizon and brought my stock S5 running 6.0.1. I'd like to install the latest t-mobile rom. Can this be done?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I recently switched to t-mobile from Verizon and brought my stock S5 running 6.0.1. I'd like to install the latest t-mobile rom. Can this be done?
Unfortunately you can't flash a ROM for T-Mobile variant onto the Verizon model.You can ask Verizon to unlock the device for you and possible use it on T-Mobile's network with limited usability. You're best bet may be to purchase another device. There are a lot of reasonably priced phones out there, including unlocked devices that will work on T-Mobile's network.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

No, you cannot I am afraid as the Verizon phone, G900V, is a CDMA model and the T-Mobile (USA) firmware, G900T, is GSM only and therefore not compatible. As a side note, as you are no longer on the Verizon network, you will not receive future Verizon updates. However, these can be downloaded and flashed manually via Odin.

EDIT: Drat! ninja'd by srkmagnus :D

Phillip P

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Actually, I'm using a VZW S5(G900V) on T-Mobile network right now. VZW phones are unlocked, just pop in your sim card and change in APN. I don't know if you can flash Tmo stock rom. But I have flashed Blisspop and CM13 Dev edition roms before w/out any problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463