Mysterious weather app

AlioOp1

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
I have a question about an app. I have had Android Marshmello maybe a week now and I had a feature on my lock screen show up but now it's gone. I think it was an AccuWeather thing but not 100% sure. While in lock screen it had a transparent tab to swipe to the left and you could see the weather info in full. It's now gone and I would like it back. I still see the weather temperature on my lock screen so that's not the issue. This was an extra feature to swipe out another window to view more weather info. Just wondering how to enable it. Has anyone else noticed this lockscreen feature? I have Googled it but most info is about a year old. I'd post a photo but I don't know how.

Thanks again.-Alio0p

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Check your widgets and app settings and see if anything new is in there. Scroll through your app drawer too. Sounds like a cool app!

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did it also push ads to the lockscreen? I recall that certain apps like ES File Explorer and DU Battery Saver were adding unwanted stuff to the lockscreen, including ads.

AlioOp1

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
Hello and thanks for the welcome :)
and no I don't have those apps and hadn't downloaded any new app since the Marshmello update. My phone is a Galaxy s5 btw if that helps any.

AlioOp1

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
Here is a photo of it open. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-05-29-14-44-39-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-05-29-14-44-39-1.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 21

rokemsokem

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Try settings/lock screen/swipe option and, then, tick the box that says show weather information. That might work.

Edit...never mind. I tried it on mine and it didn't work. Actually, it won't even show the weather widget on my lock screen. All I get is date and time. Plus, I think that app you have isn't the stock one.

Last edited:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I had the same thing on my lockscreen when I first updated to Marshmallow. Like yours, mine also disappeared and like you I have been wanting to find out what it was because I want it back. It was so convenient to be able to check the forecast without having to unlock the phone.

lgossin

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
While I have never seen the app, in additional information under the lock screen menu you can click on weather and pedometer to show on the lock screen. You also have to toggle additional information to on
Verizon
6.01 Android
RU2DPD1 build

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The fact that there's a card that's encouraging you to "Get" another app strongly suggests that this was some 3rd party app, rather than something from Samsung. But I'm still not sure what it might have been.

thecomicbookandme

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Not Accuweather. It looks like 1 weather, but not quite the same. I'm on AT&T and it may be a Verizon thing.
Try this : long hold an empty space on your homepage and bring up Widgets. Scroll through widgets, you may be lucky. 😎

Yea, heavy and a bottle of bread.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-16-11-14-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-06-16-11-14-07.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 19

AlioOp1

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
Hello and thanks for your reply. Yeah I think people complained about it and they removed it. I'm not sure if it was AccuWeather or some other 3rd party app. I can't find any info on it at all. The icon for the weather made me think it was a AccuWeather feature. :)

AlioOp1

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
I looked in the widgets and didn't find anything new. But I'll check out that 1 weather and see if that was it. Thanks for the reply. :)

AlioOp1

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
Yes! Same here.. Was nice to just swipe it and check at a glance.. In this pic you can see the small tab to the right were I drew the arrows. Just swipe it to view it. I hope they bring back with an option to use or not to use it. Thanks for your reply :)

Attachments

• 2016-05-29_14.47.44.jpg
    2016-05-29_14.47.44.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 15

AlioOp1

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I still see my weather temp and date along with the steps counter.. Just this little feature was kinda handy. Maybe they'll bring it back.. Whom ever "they" are lol. Thanks for your reply :)

AlioOp1

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
Wow! I think that might be it. It looked just like that. When I go to it though it says my phone is not compatible. Strange cause it worked on mine for about 5 days. I hope they update it cause I liked having it. Thanks so much for the reply! :)

AlioOp1

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
It could be CM Locker, then. I'd be a little cautious with Cheetah Mobile, though. They're fairly notorious for adware.

Oh wow.. The weather thing looks a lot like the weather I screen capped. I never downloaded that app so i don't know how it got on my phone. Thanks for the tip I'll keep a watch out. At least it has a decent rating on the play store. :)

AlioOp1

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
Well guys found it.. It indeed was Cm Weather. Thanks B. Diddy! :) I have The Clean Master app and it was listed in there. So I did kinda download it. I have had Clean Master for a long time so this CM Weather thing must be new. Thanks again for all your help. You guys are awesome! 😊👍

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power